New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zippo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2004 :  04:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Just tested installing VA X 1219.

I use Visual Studio 6.0, SP 3. I also use WndTabs, and the latest Visual Assist version (non-X) was installed before I installed VA X. I run it on WinXP Pro.

I opened our rather large project (about 700 files). When VA seemed finished parsing (the VA view seemed to work) I clicked the FileView in the workspace window (ie the window where the new VA view docks in). Then I right-clicked the workspace window (with FileView selected, so I clicked in the FileView). A "Send error report" screen appeared (the regular XP program crash screen).

I repeated this a couple of times. While at it I noticed that the ResourceView and ClassView of the Workspace window were malfunctioning. They were completely blank (gray).

My guess at the root of the problem is that I keep my workspace window in a non-docking view, behaving like a source file window/view. I haven't tried VA X with the workspace window docking, that was what I was trying to do when it crashed, since the VA view looked rather ugly in non-docking view mode. NB not a floating toolbar window, I mean a non-dockable window. To make the workspace window non-docking, right-click it and uncheck the check-box on the "Docking View" item.

So I went back to the previous version (non-X), but I'm looking forward to using X, so keep working at it!

kritikal.koder
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2004 :  4:45:57 PM  Show Profile
I have experienced the same symptoms when using small or large projects with VAX 1219 in MSVC6-SP5. I also do not use the docking view for the workspace window.

Putting the workspace window into docking view does seem to fix the problem. You can toggle the docking view for a window in the IDE by setting focus to that window and then selecting the Window->Docking View menu item from the IDE (shortcut: Alt-F6).

Also looking forward to using the new version. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000