Technical Support
 Autocomplete not working with Trolltech QT addin
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sega

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2004 :  07:33:25 AM  Show Profile
VA X autocomplete feature does not working with Trolltech QT addin in VS2003. When QT addin removed autocomplete working well. Older versions (1214) of VA X was working properly with QT addin installed.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2004 :  11:16:03 AM  Show Profile
do you mean Qt its self, or some addin for Qt? i am using VS .NET 2003, VAX 1219 and Qt 3.3.0

so far i havent noticed a problem with this. do you have any examples?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

willdean
Tomato Guru

134 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2004 :  6:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately it seems that VAX doesn't work with about 99.9% of all known VS.NET add-ins.

Apparently this is Microsoft's fault, but it's going to be such a big problem that I doubt it's going to be enough for WT to keep saying that. Other Add-in vendors seem rather inclined to blame VA. But 'They would say that, wouldn't they'.

Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  04:23:21 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by willdean

Unfortunately it seems that VAX doesn't work with about 99.9% of all known VS.NET add-ins.

Is this true, or do we just hear about the one or two which don't work? I use SourceGear Vault and DevPartner Profiler with no problems.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  09:32:58 AM  Show Profile
plugin's may be a read herring here. where i work Qt is simply a pile of source code. they provide a set of cross platform classes that we then use to write windows programs. there are no plugin's from Qt on my machine.

of course, it is possible Sega is doing something rather different.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  10:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Sega: Can you be specific about what product from Trolltech does not work with VA X? We would like to warn others of the conflict and/or try to fix it.

As for support of add-ins, VA X works with many of them. Yes, conflicts with add-ins are often a source of problems, particularly errant screen movement and crashing. The integration interfaces to the IDEs do not fully support multiple add-ins, much like one cannot multi-thread an application without a bit of work. For VC++ 6.0, there is a relatively well-known layer atop the MS interface used by many "invasive" add-ins, eg VA 6.0, Wndtabs and WorkspaceWhiz. The layer deals with issues of multiple add-ins.

http://www.wndtabs.com/aic/

The VSIP interface to VS.NET has a few of its own problems. Fair enough. We like having an interface to supplant our "deep hacking," but we do have to work within its limits. Built-in cooperation for multiple add-ins is not a strength of VSIP. We code around conflicts with popular add-ins discussed in the forums. Build 1220 will have yet another fix to avoid a conflict at exit of the IDE, eg the one that occurs for some ProDG users.

We know VA X is not compatible with "Codewright for .NET." Both products want to "drive" the editor. It does not work in your car. Same for the IDE.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Mar 11 2004 10:49:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sega

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  6:45:09 PM  Show Profile
I mean latest Trolltech QT for windows 3.3.1. QT installation installed addin for VS2003 which allow working with QT's pro files, QT designer and it is not "drive" editor. VA X 1219 is not working properly with QT addin installed. I can not even open VA X options window. Autocomplete does not work.

Edited by - Sega on Mar 11 2004 6:58:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000