Technical Support
 Context sensitive list not very context sensitive
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Browse

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  07:01:23 AM  Show Profile
I have just installed VA X build 1219. I am using VC++ 6.0, and previously was using VA 6.

On the project I'm working on (which worked ok with previous VA), the context sensitive suggestion list that pops up when I type a '.' seems to include all the symbols in my project (it's a long list!).

Yet if I hover over the same symbol name, the new class browser has no problem showing me only the members of that object's class.

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:

Note that the list contains lots of things that begin with 'a' - doh!

The Point3D class is simple, as you might imagine, so there's no reason for all those symbols to be in there when I press '.'

Is this a known problem? Has some weird option got switched on?

Here's my setup info from the VA about dialog:

quote:

VA_X.dll file version 10.0.1219.0
Licensed to:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.0.0.40
MSDev.exe version 6.0.8168.1
Devshl.dll version 6.0.8798.0
Devedit.pkg version 6.0.8447.0
Font: Terminal -12(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
Single processor

Platform:
Stable Includes:
C:\\DXSDK\\Include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\INCLUDE;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\MFC\\INCLUDE;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\ATL\\INCLUDE;

Library Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\MFC\\SRC;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\MFC\\INCLUDE;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\ATL\\INCLUDE;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\CRT\\SRC;

Other Includes:

Thanks in advance,

Tim

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  09:12:43 AM  Show Profile
The members listbox contains inherited members, eg AnimPlatform. We know AnimPlatform is inherited because it is not bold, and because our Context field tells us it is a member of BlueLib.

The HCB contains inherited members, albeit in a tree. Scroll down in the HCB and you find BlueLib. Click + next to BlueLib and you find AnimPlatform.

We built the HCB in part because it is difficult to decipher large classes looking solely at member listboxes.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Tim Browse

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

The members listbox contains inherited members, eg AnimPlatform. We know AnimPlatform is inherited because it is not bold, and because our Context field tells us it is a member of BlueLib.

The HCB contains inherited members, albeit in a tree. Scroll down in the HCB and you find BlueLib. Click + next to BlueLib and you find AnimPlatform.

We built the HCB in part because it is difficult to decipher large classes looking solely at member listboxes.

Go to Top of Page

Tim Browse

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2004 :  10:13:54 AM  Show Profile
(Sorry about previous message - browser screwed up...and I can't see a way to edit)

quote:
Originally posted by support

AnimPlatform is a typedef not a function (see the tooltip in the screenshot). BlueLib is a namespace, not a class or struct.

quote:

I reinstalled to check - no, BlueLib is not listed in the HCB. Only the member functions and data of Point3D are listed, as I would expect.

So is VA X getting confused, or is this deliberate?

There is a lot of 'using namespace BlueLib' in the header files, so maybe that's confusing VA X?

(Yes, I know you're not supposed to have 'using' declarations, and definitely not in header files, but it's not my fault - I didn't set up this project ).

Thanks,

Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000