New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  07:37:53 AM  Show Profile
i was using VS .NET 2003 with VAX 1219. since i am using the VAX "Context and Definition Fields", options -> text editor -> general

i had the VS C/C++ Navigation Bar turned off.

i closed VS .NET, then installed VAX 1220, and then reloaded VS. now i have both the VAX bar and the VS bar at the top of my screen.

during the install i said no to updating my autotext/templates, and i also said no to updating my keyboard setup and icons.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  08:42:48 AM  Show Profile
installing VAX 1219 over the top of VAX 1220 also makes the Navigation Bar reappear.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  10:35:52 AM  Show Profile
The nav does appear when you press "Yes" at the prompt to reset toolbars in VS.NET. Not sure why it happened in your case.

Use "Tools|Options|Text Editor|All Languages", or the like, to get rid of the Nav bar again.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2004 :  12:37:06 PM  Show Profile
i have just installed 1221 over the top of 1219 and this time the Nav bar didnt appear. it is possible i accidently accepted reset toolbars on one of the earlier installs, although i was sure i didnt *shrug*

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2004 :  09:12:15 AM  Show Profile
the navigation bar has reappear when installing VAX 1228, 1229 and 1230 on my work machine. in each case i installed VAX over the top of the existing VAX install, and i said No to both update settings questions during the install. i am pressing the 'n' key on the keyboard to do this.

the result is that i get both the VS .NET 2003 bar and the VAX bar at the top of the window.

it is a simple matter to turn of the VS bar, but i thought i would mention it since you seemed to have fixed this for several installs in a row.

or is it more likely to be something about my machine? given some of the other odd problems i am having with VAX at the moment that is possible.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000