New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2004 :  08:30:51 AM  Show Profile
using VS .NET 2003 and VAX 1230 sometimes the VAX suggestion box stays around to long. i have just typed in the line:

QMap<QString, QString> mapNhs002SpecimenType;

after i typed the semi-colon (so keyboard cursor after the semi-colon) the VAX suggestion box (complete with tomato icon) was still present. if i now press enter to start a new line, which i do automatically, then VAX converts this into:

QMap<QString, QString> mapNhs002SpecimenTypemapNhs002SpecimenType

the semi-colon has been removed, and replaced with a second copy of the variable name.

this effect is "rare", but i have seen it twice in the last half hour. i am not quite sure when it appeared, but i have only noticed this with the last build or two of VAX.

so far i am unable to reproduce this on demand *sigh*

i have been learning XSL for the last couple of weeks, so not doing much C++ editing at the moment, which is why i cannot be more precise about when it appeared.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2004 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile
all right, this has just happened again! that is 3 times already today.

QMap<QString, QString> mapNhs002SpecimenType;
    QMap<QString, QString> mapPm2SpecimenType;
PM2_SPECIMEN_TYPE
    QFile file(mtQtPMController::pmDataDirectory() + "pathology/code_lists.dat");

i have a screen shot of this one, for what it is worth, and i will email it into support. i had just finished typing the red line. line number 3 is there for reference only, since i am matching my variable names to my enum's.

mapPm2SpecimenType is not referenced anywhere else in the .cpp i have also just done a find in files across the entire solution, and this is the only reference to this variable anywhere, which is what i would expect.

i am torn between being impressed that VAX has detected and suggested the variable so quickly, and wishing it would realise that semi-colon should dismiss this particular type of suggestion.

no other plugins are installed in VS.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000