Technical Support
 1220: Syntax colors on Source Windows not working
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjv

16 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  1:45:52 PM  Show Profile
I have only the Apply Coloring to 'Source Windows' option checked. After installing 1220 no syntax coloring would happen. If I check the 'Views' option it will appear.

Note that I pick Source Windows only because I have a black background and the other windows have white backgrounds that don't show the syntax highlighting all to well.

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  1:51:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm seeing the exact same thing. You're talking about VC6, not .NET 200x, correct?
Go to Top of Page

mjv

16 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  3:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes, VC6. (Should've been more specific)
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  4:59:05 PM  Show Profile
Fixed in build 1221.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Mar 16 2004 5:24:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

mjv

16 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  6:12:02 PM  Show Profile
I've updated to 1221 and the coloring would work on Source Windows, and then it would give up after a while. Restarting the IDE would get it going again. It's like a thread quit working or something.

I've noticed this for the past day or so since I upgraded to 1221. I haven't been able to put my finger on when this occurs, but it's usually a few minutes into the IDE. I'm in a crunch mode at work so I've pretty well limped on without the VAX coloring. (I do miss it though :) The coloring reverts back to the IDE settings.

Anyways, I brought it up one more time, color was VAXian great and I watched the IDE for about 2 minutes, as the parsing status updates, then when the parsing seemed to stop, poof, the color was gone.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  8:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Okay, this is weird. Syntax coloring seems to work great on VC6 at home, and sporadically at best on VC6 at work. I'll post more tomorrow, but just wanted to "me, too" this...
Go to Top of Page

rscheuermann
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2004 :  4:00:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm having the same problem as mjv with 1221 on VC6. Source highlighting works for a while, then cuts out. It resets if I exit and rerun VC6.

The original version of X I downloaded about a month and a half ago didn't have this problem (I don't know the exact version number though).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000