VAX nukes Incredibuild bug
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krismorness

11 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Ouch, I ran into a nasty VAX issueG?

I installed VAX a few days ago, but haven't rebooted my machines since installing. Today, there was a brief power outage which affected both my computers.

I soon realized that my Incredibuild menu option completely vanished

So I:
1. Quit and reinstalled Incredibuild and started it up againG? FAILED
2. Uninstalled Incredibuild completely, rebooted, reinstalled Incredibuild G?? FAILED
3. Uninstalled Visual Assist, Visual Assist 6.0, Visual Assist .NET, Visual Assist X. Installed Incredibuild G?? SUCCESS.
4. Installed Visual Assist X G?? SUCCESS.
5. Reboot G?? SUCCESS.

So a power outage or crashing your computer might cause this problem if you haven't rebooted since installing VAX. Could this be a reboot issue?

EDIT: Occurred with version 1219 but unless it was fixed, I suspect it will still be an issue with 1221.

Edited by - krismorness on Mar 16 2004 9:04:47 PM

krismorness

11 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  1:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Just a bump. I just want to know if this is going to get looked at or not?
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile
I think there was an Issue with Visual Assist X "hijacking" Menues from other AddIns and placing them somewhere else.
Since I do not have any other AddIns installed, I cannot tell you much about the status of this behaviour, or if it is fixed yet...

Just to let you know that I believe WholeTomato is aware of the problem...

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Mar 18 2004 1:41:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  11:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Any one else using IncrediBuild? Same problem?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

IceMan
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2004 :  04:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello,

I had/have the same problem with other AddIns. I run VBCommenter and a custom AddIn. After installation of VAX, both were gone. I reinstalled the other addins, but no joy. I had to remove VAX and reinstall the other toolbars to result this...

Regz,
T
Go to Top of Page

krismorness

11 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2004 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Interesting. My installation of VAX personally didn't remove the Incredibuild addin menu options until AFTER the computer crashed. We've been experiencing power outages recently and when it hit me the first time, I had the same problem on both machines. After figuring out how to reinstall everything, I rebooted. Since then I have experienced a few more power outages, but everything is still there.

My advice for now is once you install VAX, run your dev environment, then reboot. But this needs to get fixed.
Go to Top of Page

Taytay

3 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2004 :  3:51:36 PM  Show Profile
We're seeing the same thing here as well - Incredibuild was VERY flaky at first - had to restart Visual Studio multiple times and repair the add-in multiple times. This is definitely an issue.

My 2 cents.

- Taylor Brown
Go to Top of Page

Professor
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2004 :  09:09:15 AM  Show Profile
I don't have this problem with latest Incredibuild (2.03)
Go to Top of Page

krismorness

11 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  11:06:09 PM  Show Profile
This is still an issue with the latest Incredibuild. We just had some new engineers start and one of them crashed his computer after installing VAX but without rebooting, and he lost his Incredibuild too. So I had to remember what the issue was... and remembered that it was something I wrote on this forum! Well... a justified bump! This really needs to get fixed.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  12:16:36 PM  Show Profile
VA X hijacks entries other add-ins want to appear in the Tools menu. They entries appear in the Tools submenu of VAssistX menu.

We will fix this problem in build 1241. (It will require a reset of VS.NET -- you lose some of your custom settings.)

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2475

case=74

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000