New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  6:19:07 PM  Show Profile
I hadn't noticed before but when I hover over a variable (const or otherwise) it sometimes displays the variable's initializing value and other times it leaves out the intializing value.

I have the following code:

const char* NAME = "Ray";

if(strKey == NAME)
{
strNewRecName = oNewRecord["TDAM"];
}

When I hover over NAME in the if() a tool tip pops up saying:

const char* NAME = "Ray";

If I move the cursor off the variable (the tooltip closes) and then back over the variable, the tooltip that appears is different:

const char* NAME;

The only way to get the tooltip to display the declaration of the variable AND it's value is to hover over something else to cause a different tooltip to appear, and then to go back to the NAME variable and hover over it once again.

Is this VAX kind of working, or am I looking at a VAX tool tip one time, and then a dev studio another time? It would be nice if it always displayed the initializing value, especially for a const variable.

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  7:30:06 PM  Show Profile
By the way, this is ocurring while editing the code, not when debugging.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  8:30:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rblondeau

... or am I looking at a VAX tool tip one time, and then a dev studio another time?

Exactly this. I believe this is related to the "prefer intellisense" setting which seems to work "most of the time" and sometimes overrides VAX's better tooltips.
Hopefully fixed in the next build(s).
Go to Top of Page

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  11:51:28 AM  Show Profile
I do have the "Prefer Intellisense" setting turned off. If that setting is only partially working, then I hope it gets fixed in the next release.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  12:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Enabling "Prefer Intellisense" means you want VA X to give the IDE the option of displaying a tooltip. If the IDE does not, VA X tries.

You see tooltips from the IDE and VA X. One contains an initial value; the other does not. We cannot change what the IDE displays. We do make VA X try its best. Not sure in this case, which knows the initial value and which does not.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000