New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  2:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Just like you have a better "File, Open" dialog ("Open File in Workspace"), I could use a better "Window, Windows" dialog.

For one thing, make it stretchy. Remember which column I've sorted on. Stinkin' "Save All" and "Close All" buttons should have been a no-brainer for MS. Let me copy the filename or pathname to the clipboard. Maybe show me the date-time modified. I'm sure you can think of other enhancements.

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  2:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Whidbey handles these much better (stretchy, saves sort column), but it still doesn't have save all/close all and the copy to clipboard. And what about select all and invert selection? Codewrite has an awesome windows window.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  2:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info!

So let's see, public Beta is set for June, meaning July, so it'll be released Dec. 31, 2005 (so it can keep its name), so I'll probably start using it sometime in early 2007...
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2004 :  06:13:42 AM  Show Profile
how close does VA View come do doing this? in VAX 1221 and VS .NET 2003 right click in the MRU list shows "include opened files" as ticked.

i currently have VA View set to auto-hide, so this is of limited use to me. would it be possible to highlight files in the MRU list that are actually open? this way i could see at a glance which ones i am currently using, while also having access to recent files.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000