New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2004 :  07:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

After a week away, I installed VAX 1223 on .NET 2003 (I believe I'd previously been running 1221).

Unfortunately, some of the colouring problems I've already raised on prior builds (which I'm sure were not present in 1221) are back again.

While entering text that mixes text & numbers (eg 'Item4Bytes'), the numbers become black. It tends to correct itself after the word is completed, but it makes things look like crap while editing code.

Similarly, there are times where numbers are not *completely* black. Instead, only the first few scan lines of the character are black, with the others being ok.

Doh! :/

Dean

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2004 :  8:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Do you have bold or italics enabled on the "Fonts and Colors" node of our options dialog? If so, does the problem persist if you disable the options?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  01:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Nope.. nothing funny like that. I don't think i've changed my settings for absolutely ages. Certainly not since 1221 (where things seemed to be ok).

If it helps, when I change my font from my custom one to a standard one like Lucida Console 10 point, the problem still occurs. So, it's not like it's my font screwing things up either.

Dean
Go to Top of Page

tom_seddon
Tomato Guru

162 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  07:51:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting these problems as well. The bit where a few lines are one colour seems to be only cosmetic, and possibly related to scrolling (?), but when half the identifier is wrongly coloured it doesn't appear to be recognised as a variable by VAX.

I've got bold and italics switched off too.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  10:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Could some of this (clearly not all) have anything to do with the presence of the word 'Byte' in the variable name 'Item4Bytes'? I notice that while I'm manually typing in 'Item4Bytes', I get some weird coloring effects (which cease when I complete the name), but if I manually type in 'Item4Bob', I don't get those weird coloring effects... just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  11:32:38 AM  Show Profile
I don't think the use of Bytes is screwing things up. If only because it's not in my autotext stuff (see other bug report about install not resetting autotext for C++). And it's not actually a built-in type or name associated with C++ anyway, I guess.

I get the bad colouring as I type anything with numbers in it. For example, I just typed in : Dean1Ashton.

On my screen, the 1 is in black. Which is wrong. And when I used this particular thing it didn't correct when I finished the word.

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  12:04:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
And it's not actually a built-in type or name associated with C++ anyway, I guess.
Not 'Bytes'. 'Byte'. But it doesn't matter either way, since:
quote:
For example, I just typed in : Dean1Ashton. On my screen, the 1 is in black.
Weird. Not seeing that...

Grasping at straws here, but what about video driver settings? Anything unusual there?
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  01:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Video drivers haven't changed for 2 months, but VAX changed on Monday when I moved to 1223. As the problem started on Monday, I reckon it's more likely to be VAX's fault.. :)
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  08:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Fixed in 1225.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Apr 05 2004 10:49:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  08:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Seems to be a bit better, but it's not quite there. Until they're 'known' about by VAX (ie: once VAX has it in the list of symbols), items which use mixed alpha and numeric characters in the name appear in a mix of the 'Methods' colour and black.

So, If I just go to some random place in my code and type (without any newline or anything after the last character):

Dean1234

'Dean' will be in one colour, and 1234 will be black. If I then put a semicolon there, it becomes coloured in my 'Variables' colour. All looks good. I can then type Dean1234 anywhere in the file and it looks fine.

But when entering new symbol definitions (typedefs, variables etc) it still looks bad.

It's worse when you've got a macro name that doesn't terminate in a semicolon too.. For example, if I do this:

#define BANANA_1234 somebizarretext

Then it'll stay miscoloured until I put a semicolon, or a closing brace after it (either on the line, or on one of the following lines). It's like there are some characters that cause a reevaluation of the colouring on the screen.. So, it looks bad while typing, and will continue to look bad until the reevaluation happens.

:(

Dean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000