Technical Support
 installing 1223 seems to have broken VAX
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2004 :  3:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Upon installing 1223, I loaded up .net and when I opened my project the only thing that appeared was the original .net display. The only thing that visual assist displayed was its file menu, toolbar(with only the visual assist options icon not greyed out) and the VA view window. Clicking the VA options icon does nothing, I also have VSI net installed from sn systems and will try to uninstall it and reinstall everything. In addition the warning before the programs trial expires still appears. I have tried uninstalling VAX several times with no result. I just did a repair install on .net and then reinstalled VAX only to be greeted again with the trial nearing its end and the original .net display.

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  10:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Ok, uninstalling .net, VAX and VSI.net, and reinstalling everything fresh,(directories deleted etc) still gave the same result. I uninstalled vax again and installed VA7 and that worked, but installing Vax after that still didn't work.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  10:21:31 AM  Show Profile
Do you have any other add-in's installed? Try disabling them... you might also search these forums for other posts with this problem... I seem to remember someone had the 'pressing the VAX options button does nothing' issue...
Go to Top of Page

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile
The only other add in is sn systems VSI.net, I'll take a look around the other posts for that.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  11:25:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
The only other add in is sn systems VSI.net
I only see http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1383 for that...

What about any debuggers installed...?
Go to Top of Page

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  12:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Just the .net installation VSI.net and VAX, nothing else. VA7 is working right now(just it doesnt work with VSI) but up until now VAX was working fine.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  1:13:59 PM  Show Profile
This is one I was thinking of, and it's not much help (unless you feel like rolling back to 1088 and testing it): http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=360

This one is a little more interesting, but you don't have "Managed AddIns", right? http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1444

This one might be related, but was never closed: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1942
Go to Top of Page

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  08:21:29 AM  Show Profile
1088 is not actually available, and I've allready looked and tried the others with no visible result.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  11:18:15 AM  Show Profile
If you're interested, I can e-mail 1088 to you if you'll send an address to me at Larry hat-syne DefinitiveSolutions dowt com ...

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Apr 08 2004 8:35:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stinger

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2004 :  02:24:03 AM  Show Profile
I seem to have the same problem. Symptoms are exactly the same as described in the first post. Rolling back to 1216 appears to fix it, although updating from that to 1221 breaks it again, which seems odd as I am sure I had that version up and running fine. A clean (uninstalled and then installed) install of 1225 breaks it also. I have no other addins.

VC++ std. 2003 Win2K SP 4
Go to Top of Page

Stinger

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2004 :  04:47:25 AM  Show Profile
1229 does not seem to help either. Same symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

Stinger

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2004 :  1:21:02 PM  Show Profile
well 1230 doesnt remove the problem either. Even with a fresh install of VC, I did however notice another strange problem:
I can start and close VC.Net as usual, but if after starting, I stop and then restart VA (via Add In Manager), It crashes if I attempt to close.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2004 :  2:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Can you enable logging with the following registry entry and tarting the ide, clicking VA X options and close the IDE. This should create two files c:\\VA.log and c:\\VAssist.log, please zip and send to [email protected].

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato]
"Logging"="7"

Thanks.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

dinky101

14 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  11:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Its fixed in 1233 thank you very much :)

Go to Top of Page

Stinger

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  2:28:29 PM  Show Profile
Yep, fixed for me also, keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000