New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  09:33:50 AM  Show Profile
Two things with 1228:

1. Coloring is still a bit iffy. Specifically, I still see instances of symbols with numbers in appearing in a mix of two colours (one of them being black). It looks kinda bad. I think at the moment it's associated with the symbol being unknown or badly spelt.

2. I had a weird weird thing earlier today with 1228. I was typing away (as I do), and pressed tab after some text. When I pressed it, a tooltip flashed onto screen and vanished a really small fraction of a second later. Whatever I did, pressing 'tab' wouldn't advance the cursor. It also didn't add any autocompleted text to the line. The cursor just stopped there. I had to press space, *then* press tab, and then type away. I then edited the extra space away.
When I disabled VAX, everything worked as normal.

Ouch...

Dean

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
1. We can reproduce. It is on the list.
2. Will be fixed in 1229, due out later today.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  12:01:21 PM  Show Profile
Now *that's* quick support..!

Dean
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  6:21:40 PM  Show Profile
#2 fixed in build 1229.

Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  02:51:43 AM  Show Profile
The first item I described is still broken in 1233 (this is with VS.NET 2003)...

Is it supposed to be fixed by now? If so, the fix didn't work. If not, then any idea when?

Cheers,
Dean
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  12:05:18 PM  Show Profile
I still have the same colouring issues in 1235. I'm not going to make myself dizzy by trying to work out what thread in the public forum I should be posting in. Besides, 1235 isn't a public release yet.

Going back to VA7.1 is looking more tempting by the week...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  3:55:50 PM  Show Profile
We can only reproduce a specific instance where numbers influence color such as an unknown symbol "foo2int", VA will color "foo2" black and "int" blue. Once you define "int foo2int;", it colors correctly.

We are still unable to reproduce Spectecjr's problem where all symbols containing numbers are whacked.

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2089

Which problem are you seeing? Any clues?

Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  03:15:28 AM  Show Profile
My problem is similar to the one you describe, but with a slight twist.

When I use an unknown symbol 'foo2int', 'foo' will be in the colour associated with methods, '2' will be in black(*), and 'int' will be in the colour associated with variables. If I have a symbol 'foo2you', both 'foo' and 'you' will be in the colour associated with methods, while '2' remains in black. It looks like the '2' is delimiting 'foo' and 'int'/'you' causing 'int'/'you' to appear in different colours (I don't have a type called 'you', btw). In most cases, once the definition is complete on both of these cases (by terminating with a semicolon, for example), the colouring is correct. I have just seen an instance where it remained miscoloured until I caused a full redraw of the screen (minimising VS.NET, then maximising it again).

(*)What is strange is that I have absolutely no item in 'Fonts & Colours' set to black. So, I've no idea why it's rendering the '2' in black.

Does this give you anything to go on?

Cheers,
Dean

Edited by - Dean Ashton on May 11 2004 05:06:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  09:29:43 AM  Show Profile
This particular instance where "foo2int" is mis-colored when undefined will be fixed in 1236.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  7:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Build 1236 has a fix for foo2int coloring and is available at:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1236.exe

Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  1:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Fixed in 1236?

Yeah.. that'd be nice.. but the evidence on my screen makes me think that it isn't..

I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for build 1237..

Dean
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  2:08:36 PM  Show Profile
We appreciate your test and feedback. Obviously, we have yet another case to fix.

Do you have a localized IDE?

What colors do you use for foreground and background of text? Both custom? Automatic?

We guess you use Fixedsys. Are we correct?

Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  2:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm not running a localised IDE, I'm afraid. As far as the font goes, it's a custom bitmap font that was based on FixedSys, but I can successfully reproduce this with FixedSys, so that hopefully rules the font out.. :)

Colour wise, I have 'Text' set to a blue background with white text. For VS.NET's 'Keyword' and 'Identifier' settings, I have the background set to automatic, but I've tried setting this (and other items) backgrounds to blue explicitly. No change, unfortunately.

I don't have a black foreground colour set for any of my VS.NET items. So, why it's rendering the number in black is a bit of a mystery..

If there's any other information you'd find helpful, just let me know..

Cheers,
Dean
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 15 2004 :  08:57:30 AM  Show Profile
Can you click on "Use Defaults" in the VS.NET color settings, we assume it will fix the problem. Then change back to your custom settings one option at a time till the problem comes back. We are looking for any clues to reproduce the problem.

Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 15 2004 :  2:37:13 PM  Show Profile
Good idea.! I've just done as you suggested. No noticeable issues in default colours & fonts, but remember that the default colours text/identifiers is black, so it could be broken but just not visible!

Anyway, I changed text to be blue background, white foreground. No problem visible yet.

I then changed comments to yellow, with an automatic background. Still no visible problem.

*Then* I changed 'Identifier' colour to light gray, with an automatic background. If I do the 'foo2int' example again, as I typed it in foo appeared in light gray, 2 appeared in black, and int was back in light gray.

I should point out that I've even if I change the 'Numbers' colour to something like bright green, miscoloured numbers always appear in black.

Hopefully this is useful!

:)

Dean
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 16 2004 :  1:24:02 PM  Show Profile
We can reproduce the problem. It appears you must change text and identifier in two steps, ie with two opens of the options dialog, to replicate the problem.

Once you finish typing foo2int and press semicolon, the entire symbol is colored correctly.

ixBug=63

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 18 2004 :  3:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Will be fixed in 1238.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked