Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 10 2004 :  10:30:54 PM  Show Profile
VC6, WTL project.

In a WTL composite control, I notice a weird thing in the definition bar:
Typing along "somevar = IsDlgButtonChecked", the definition bar shows me immediately the proper ATL/WTL implementation of the IsDlgButtonChecked function. Yet strangely, after a few seconds this definition is replaced with the one from the SDK headers, which looks quite different and is not what I'm calling here.
Now, I change it to "somevar = this->IsDlgButtonChecked", again the definition bar shows me the proper definition. And again afer a few seconds this definition is replaced, not with the SDK version, but with nothing. Now VAX doesnt know anything anymore about this function. The HCB is clueless, showing nothing too.

I have the impression that right after typing VAX shows whatever it finds quickly, then it searches in deep for a better match, which somehow fails, and it decides that there obviously is no match at all and blanks out.

I can see the same behaviour with other functions in the WTL classes too. Not sure if its limited to them or if there is a deeper meaning.
But its somehow disturbing.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 18 2004 :  1:59:33 PM  Show Profile
We understand you disabled our "guess symbol definition" since you were working in C# -- makes sense. Unfortunately, you need to enable the option to improve the value of VA X with WTL.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 18 2004 :  3:51:35 PM  Show Profile
What is there to guess??? The class in question is defined, has a type which is known to VAX. So it comes down to the mere matter of resolving scope. And whats that thing of changing what it shows after a few seconds when the first thing was correct?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000