New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2004 :  1:12:28 PM  Show Profile
There's some weirdness about when members in listboxes are bold. (I have checked the 'Bold non-inherited members in listboxes' checkbox.)

Sometimes, none of the members are bold; this seems to happen for classes like CString that have no base class.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  01:16:40 AM  Show Profile
Odds are the listbox is from default Intellisense, even if "Use Default Intellisense..." is not enabled. If not enabled, VA X might ask default Intellisense for a listbox if it cannot generate one. CString is such an example.

We expect one day to add bold, and sorting for that matter, to default Intellisense listboxes.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  09:48:36 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Odds are the listbox is from default IntelliSense, even if "Use Default Intellisense..." is not enabled.
Say what? What does checking that checkbox do, then?? And isn't there some way to tell the difference between VAX listboxes and IDE listboxes?
quote:
If not enabled, VA X might ask default IntelliSense for a listbox if it cannot generate one.
Did you mean to say not in the above? If so, I'm confused... I think this merits an explanation, and maybe also a corrected tooltip in the "Options" dialog...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2004 :  2:43:54 PM  Show Profile
In the case of member listboxes, "Use Default Intellisense" tells VA X to let default Intellisense open the listbox if possible. VA X tries if MS cannot.

When the option is unset, VA X tries. If unable, MS gets a chance.

There are sutle differences between MS and VA X listboxes. Look how the current selection is done.

We agree the tooltip could be better. We tweaked behavior of the option after writing the tooltip.

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2004 :  10:22:29 AM  Show Profile
quote:
In the case of member listboxes, "Use Default Intellisense" tells VA X to let default Intellisense open the listbox if possible. VA X tries if MS cannot. When the option is unset, VA X tries. If unable, MS gets a chance.
Then you should reword this option to "Prefer Default Intellisense" or something. The way it's named now is really needlessly confusing. If you go back and read the posts on this subject, I doubt you'd find that anyone has understood this completely.
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2004 :  06:02:34 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Larry. I've had some bugs to do with different types of tooltips appearing for the same symbol. I couldn't understand how this could happen when I had "use default intellisense" unchecked.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2004 :  10:48:18 AM  Show Profile
We will change the wording of the option and the info tooltip.

We will make also hovering tooltips in your source respect the option. Right now, MS displays hovering tooltips always if it can, regardless of the option. The change will eliminate some inconsistency.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000