Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 "Back" and "Forward" (maybe "Previous" and "Next")
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GarethLewin

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2004 :  10:00:57 PM  Show Profile
There used to be a feature to skip back to old places I was in code (like back in a browser) and to go forward if I haven't moved.

I can't seem to find this feature in VAX, has it been removed, or perhaps it wasn't a feature of VAX?

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2004 :  11:39:27 PM  Show Profile
I will take a guess that you are using VS .NET, as I still see those in VS 6 (with VA X installed).

I missed them, too. Then I found that VS .NET has those, and they are on the "Standard" toolbar. They also have a history feature on the "back" button, so that you can select from numerous previous locations.

I found that I don't need the VA ones, anymore. Maybe I never did (in .NET, anyway)???

HTH

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  08:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Isn't this Alt-left-arrow and Alt-right-arrow?
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  09:49:18 AM  Show Profile
I thought there used to be some story about VA having its own buttons because it did something better than the default VS Back and Forward. Did I make that up? Or did it only apply to VS6?

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Don't know about that history. But, I do know that the ones in .NET seem to be better than the ones that I remember from VA. Just because of the selectable history (which you can ignore, if you choose).

I used the ones in VA all the time, and when my toolbar got reset installing VA X, I thought I had lost a friend . But finding the .NET ones, I am now happy.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

GarethLewin

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, I am using visual studio .net. Sadly I'm using 2002, so I hope this isn't a 2003 thing, but I can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone know the name of the keyboard shortcut (not the keys)? So I can map them please?
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2004 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile
In 2003, the shortcut keys are (default): ctrl+- for forward and ctrl+shift+- for backward. The names of the commands are Navigate Forwards and Navigate Backwards.

HTH

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

GarethLewin

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  12:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks jpizzi, I found them in 2002 too, and now I'm a happy bunny.
Go to Top of Page

StarChennai

2 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  1:44:06 PM  Show Profile
I am not really happy with the VS.NET's built-in navigate back/forward command ( cause it doesnt work fine between files), I dont like the VAX's alt+left/right arrow combinations either( because it is just keeps track of *last edit* not the navigation). There used to be two buttons <==/==> in the VA7 ( or VAX or VC6), which was great. Can we get that feature back? I understand that the VA team is working on something related to this (ixBug=27) but I am not clear what we are going to get in the next version. I like the VA7 feature because, for instance, we often search all the source files for something, we go few levels deep in searching, then we go back to the original place if we dont find what we wanted. We do this all the time, dont we? I do realize that there was a poll - http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=491 - conducted by VA team but not many people (including me ) voted to retain this feature.

Interestingly, these buttons are available for use if I install VAX Build 10.0.1233.0(beta) on VC6. The functionality is there, why dont you make available in the .net version of VAX as an optional component?
Go to Top of Page

Old as dirt
Tomato Guru

USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 18 2004 :  09:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Is there really a button or key combination that jumps back to last edited? For VC++6

Ken
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000