New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  8:33:54 PM  Show Profile
When no source window is open, the shortcuts for OFiW are not working. This might be a problem with the way the VS6 IDE assigns keyboard shortcuts, but its extremly annoying.

I have currently Alt+O assigned to it, Alt+Shift+O is also assigned (I think this is the default).

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 16 2004 :  1:41:25 PM  Show Profile
We suspect you assigned Alt+O to VAssistXOpenFileInWorkspaceDialog when Editor was set to "Text". You need to make the assignment when Editor is set to "Main" for it to be effective when no windows are open.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 16 2004 :  10:25:40 PM  Show Profile
It is set to "Main" (I've already tried to set it for the others with no avail).
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  12:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Assigning Alt+O to VAssistXOpenFileInWorkspaceDialog works fine for us.

We have no windows open. We press Alt+O and get the OFIW dialog.

Not sure what else to say. Current source editor emulation in Tools|Options|Compatibility is set to "Custom (Developer Studio)."

Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  3:39:21 PM  Show Profile
It seems to be only the case when the focus is in any of the class/resource/file/VA views. When I open the output window the shortcut works again. Am almost sure this is a VS6 problem.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Not to discourage you, but Alt+O works for us in VS6 when focus is in the class view. We try docked and floating.

We do not doubt the problem is in VS6. It has a peculiar notion of what is included in each of Main, Text, Dialog, Image. Not sure under what category it considers the class view, nor in what state the class view should be when you make the assignment, assuming it matters.

When we change Editor setting in Tools|Customize|Keyboard, Alt+O is bound for all non-Main settings. The assignment appears gray, since it was done when Editor was set to Main.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000