New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrcode925
Ketchup Master

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  3:17:34 PM  Show Profile
I do not intent to impune the name of Whole Tomato or Visual Assist. It was a great help to me, but after months of beta testing VAX I have removed it from my PC.

You guys have the right idea. It would be great if Microsoft would internalize your developments as a native VS.NET tool. But as it stands I do not forsee you ever getting this software out of beta. If you do, I find it incredibly likely it will just be another 'beta for sale' product.

Over the past few beta releases I have seen the stability and predictability of VAX drop again and again. I get the sense that your focus is fading and fatigue is setting in. I wouldn't doubt that some of your developers are thinking that it would be better to retool entirely and start from scratch.

There are things I will miss without VA but most of those are replaced by docking the Object Browser and leaving it open.

So finally, why did I bother? Why does anyone bother telling the whole community that they are leaving? Well, I thought about that before posting. And I guess the real reason is to let anyone who cares to know that things are so bad that users are willing to bail. Will anyone bail with me? I doubt it. I don't intend it.

I have just spent more time trying to get VA to behave than I used to spend dealing with the nuances of developing without it.

Thanks for the ride. It has been interesting. I wish you the best.

P.S. Please don't retool from scratch. There was a company that tried that once. It was called Netscape.

If it starts to make sense, you're in a cult.

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  3:55:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm not questioning your decision, but I'm curious exactly which VAX problems finally "broke the camel's back" for you?
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Your last post was on March 22. You installed VA X but no toolbar buttons or menu items worked. That bug is fixed in build 1233.

We do not think of ourselves as fatigued or fading. Generally speaking, we think our software gets better with every build. We understand this is not the position of all of our users. We accept that. We just continue to do what we can.

We appreciate your feedback.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000