New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 21 2004 :  2:06:22 PM  Show Profile
I have a problem that shows up (very infrequently) in build 1235 and 1237. I don't know if it was showing up before, but I have reported several problems which might be caused by this (which have not been fixed atm). My problem is this...let's say I'm typing set (in C#). I type se and VAX is nice and says hey I know about sealed and set. Since I used sealed last it is highlighted by default. Now if I hit t and enter fast enough VAX will actually replace the word set with sealed. If I type slower it works just fine. It seems there is a condition in here where VAX somehow gets enter before t. Seems kind of impossible but I'm seeing this. The editor shows sealed with no t on the following line indicating I didn't get all jittery from the caffine and spaz and hit enter then t.

As I said before I have problems in this area in the past. Some of these problems have gone away (set is no longer replaced by Set). All of these happen so fast, because I'm typing, that I'm not sure what causes them. In this case though, I can reproduce the problem often enough by typing sealed then going down and typing set and enter. I don't use autocomplete for anything under say 5 characters so this might explain a lot of what I have thought is just possible insanity due to working too much or perhaps my monkey hitting keys.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000