Feature Requests
 Get rid of the horrible "tomato icons"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

overflow

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2004 :  03:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Or at least a option to get rid of them. It makes the application look very unprofessional to say at least.

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2004 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I think the tomato icons actually take some of the stuffiness out of Visual Studio. All of the icons are so similar that many of them seem to blend in together and it makes it difficult to recognize them if you don't use them all the time. The tomato icon is so different that you can't help but know right away what it's about.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2004 :  7:11:10 PM  Show Profile
From an earlier thread:

"...the tomato icons are a big improvement over the previous version where the completion boxes and the suggestion boxes had the same icons, so you never knew which one you were looking at. But maybe a big question mark would do just as well and look more professional."

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2386

case=92

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

overflow

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2004 :  1:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Icons should be as discrete as possible. The new ones are a distraction since they too brightly-colored. And tomatoes? I realize that it's the company logo, but come on, it's not a food preparation software so i don't see the point of sticking it to everything. Go back to the old, more discrete icons or remove them altogether.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2004 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile
overflow, I would suggest you just open up the VAX.DLL in your favorite resource editor and replace the icons with whatever you like - pale colored footballs, light black hex-symbols, anything. Just stop wasting everybodies time with such useless comments.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2004 :  8:17:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Uniwares

... pale colored footballs, light black hex-symbols, anything.

Well, given that we're constrained by the IDE's pallette, maybe blue footballs and green hex-symbols...

(And that was pretty grumpy, BTW... have you been sneaking some of my medication?)
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2004 :  12:18:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LarryLeonard

Well, given that we're constrained by the IDE's pallette, maybe blue footballs and green hex-symbols...

What? Dont tell me you didnt know that WT is working on true color support for the IDE since some time. (What do you think is taking so long between the last builds?)

quote:
Originally posted by LarryLeonard

(And that was pretty grumpy, BTW... have you been sneaking some of my medication?)

Grumpy? Me? Oh man, you'll never seen me grumpy so far. I'm just pissed off by such stupid complaints, especially when they are expressed in such a way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000