float f1(float x);
float f1dim(float x);
float f2(float y);
float f3(float z);

Now in my project I have some variables defined

float f1;
	float f2;
	float f3;

Everything was fine for a long time and my variables were colored as variables should be, but I did a clean and rebuild all and every since f3 has been colored as a function. I was trying to track down where the function f3 was implemented (I still haven't found it) and now f1 and f2 are also colored like functions. The VA hovering tip knows that they are variables and shows it correctly.
Is this an old problem that I just haven't read about and is there a fix forthcoming?

Ken

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2004 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Yup, it's an old problem; I remember complaining about it a while back (http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=974), and being told basically there's no fix for it. Which is quite annoying, because it makes the syntax coloring much less useful for me, because I declare variables C++ style like you do, so if it's purple, it's a method half the time, and half the time it's a variable...

I see in my old post that they look at failing snippets of code and may tune their algorithms. I'm curious how the style that all right-thinking programmers use to declare variables:
	HRESULT hr(S_OK);
... isn't supported...

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Jun 16 2004 3:38:27 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000