Technical Support
 Build 1242 silent exit from VS.NET
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geary

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2004 :  8:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Just had VS.NET exit without any crash message or anything. I was doing some editing and using the Tab key after typing part of a function name. I noticed that was causing a lot of disk activity a few times in a row, and then when I hit Tab VS.NET just disappeared.

I wish I had more information on this, but that's about all I know. I wasn't doing anything else unusual, just using some autocompletion.

-Mike

geary

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2004 :  8:13:48 PM  Show Profile
A bit of good news to go with the bad news: After I restarted VS.NET and reloaded my project, VA-X advised me that a file hadn't been saved properly. I don't remember exactly how the dialog was worded (it did seem a bit confusing!) but the default Yes button brought back the file I'd just been working on, so I didn't lose any of my edits.

Most cool--thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Baga
Tomato Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2004 :  02:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Don't get too exited about this feature though, see other thread - http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2495

Speaking of which - what about proposed features?
  • Leave a copy of 'unrestored' file - like SomeCode.cpp.bak - in case restoration went wrong.

• List all files that are to be restored, with the ability to accept/decline all.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2004 :  12:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Try build 1244. It might have a fix for the silent crash. We took a guess at it.

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1244.exe

Try also to remove the NCB files associated with your projects. They can get corrupted easily and crash the IDE. This happens with or without setting of our "Prefer default Intellisense" option.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

geary

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2004 :  9:06:21 PM  Show Profile
It does look like build 1244 fixed the silent crash. I haven't seen one since I installed that build. Now running 1246 and it seems fine too. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000