New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2004 :  12:46:43 PM  Show Profile
using VS .NET 2002 and VAX 1244 i am seeing this effect with C++ code using Qt (which explains the SLOT macro):

notice how "menuBar" is shown on the top line of the screen shot vs the bottom three lines of the screen shot.

i have saved out the cpp file that is producing this effect. for reference, start with line 152 at the top of the screen (screen res of 1024*768). at this point none of these lines are visible.

now scroll down the file one line at a time. the scrolling speed doesnt have any effect on this. the screen shot shows lines 192 -> 199 inclusive.

the full lines are:

// file menu
	m_menuFile = new QPopupMenu(this);
	menuBar()->insertItem("&File", m_menuFile);
	m_menuFile->insertItem("Read &CD", this, SLOT( slotReadCd() ));
	m_menuFile->insertItem("Read &Directory", this, SLOT( slotReadDirectory() ));

// help menu
	menuBar()->insertSeparator();
	QPopupMenu	*menuHelp = new QPopupMenu(this);
	menuBar()->insertItem("&Help", menuHelp);

alt tabbing away and then alt tabbing back again fixes the problem. i am seeing this even when moving between VS and a small notepad window that leaves all of these lines visible. with focus in notepad the display is still messed up, so this part of the screen doesnt actually *need* to be redrawn, but it is still fixed.

so far this is the only example of this effect i have noticed.

moving down the file with page_down produces this effect:

note that there is no compressed text, but the middle "menuBar" is not shown in italic's, even though it should be.

alt tabbing away and then back again does NOT fix this version of the bug. *experiments* actually nothing i am doing will fix this *puzzled*

swapping files, alt tabbing, moving up and down the file, none of these are having any effect on the middle, non italic "menuBar".

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000