New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2004 :  07:17:44 AM  Show Profile
seeing that 1246 is now available i have just downloaded and tried to install this. i am immediately getting an information box asking me to close all instances of "Microsoft Visual C++"

VS .NET 2003 isn't running, and i haven't loaded it since booting up my machine this morning, it looks like i am back on UNIX today.

several things are running, including MS Excel 2000 (sp3). if i close Excel and re-run the installer it is happy. i normally (always?) have to close Excel, but i have always had VS .NET 2003 open and have then closed it, so i presumed Excel was somehow making something linger in memory. it seems Excel is the issue in isolation.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2004 :  12:49:12 PM  Show Profile
We have yet to delve into the problem, although it has been reported a few times.

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1171&SearchTerms=excel

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1303&SearchTerms=excel

case=168

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2004 :  05:22:20 AM  Show Profile
As Uniwares pointed out it is the VBA environment having open a "Microsoft Visual Basic ..." window which is hidden until you ask for the VBA editor.

A more correct approach would be to check if va_x.dll is loaded by some process, e.g. with PSAPI functions EnumProcesses and EnumProcessModules. Then you could list all processes which have loaded va_x.dll in your Ignore-Retry-Cancel-dialog.

But this is definitely low priority to me - intellisense and code browsing is what I use VAX for, not install/uninstall

Bye,
SvenC
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2004 :  08:28:19 AM  Show Profile
i agree. my main reason for posting was so that others would know this was happening, and what to do to fix it. it is easy to work around, which is always nice

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000