Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MJEber

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2004 :  3:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Build: VisualAssistX : 10.0.1246
Visual Studio : 7.10.3077

When in the VAView menu area, and selecting one of the workspace options (Files in Workspace -or- Symbols in Workspace) when the menu is unpinned, the dropdown box will become floating when the scroll bar is clicked on and the menu closes.

The dropdown list will then float over everything on the desktop including the browser while recreating the problem to report this bug.

Expected behavior:
When in the dropdown list, the menu should remain open and in control of the dropdown box. This includes when scrolling down the selections. If the menu does close, the dropdown list should close as well instead of floating in space.

I can email a screenshot if needed.

In further testing I found that the menu stays open when I scroll through the selections using the scroll wheel on my mouse. It only closes and floats the selections when clicking on the scroll bar.

(This is under a Win2K operating system environment w/ 512M memory)

Edited by - MJEber on Jul 13 2004 3:33:01 PM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2004 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile
reproduced with VS .NET 2003 and VAX 1246

are you aware that you can type to filter both of these lists down to a small number of entries?

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/fiw.html

this should remove the need to scroll up and down the lists in most cases

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Jul 14 2004 12:07:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

MJEber

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  09:39:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm a new user of this tool. I'm just starting to get my feet wet before I decide to make a recommendation to the tools committee to use this tool. Whether or not typing can shorten the list, it is a bug and behaves in a manner that differs from standard sliding window processes. (and I've written a number of them)

The window should be locked open until the selection is made. Also the selection list should not float on top of all applications on my desktop. It looks like shortcut development to get around a problem instead of writing code to fix a problem. :-)
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2004 :  8:55:53 PM  Show Profile
You found case we never tested. We can reproduce the problem. Thank you for providing a reproducible scenario.

case=175
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000