Slight bug in entering registration
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Photon

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2004 :  06:21:04 AM  Show Profile
When the VA X trial has expired, it presents you with a few options, basically buy, enter key and cancel. If you select enter key (stupidly, like I did) and you do not have a key, then there is no way to exit the 'enter key' dialog until you have entered a valid key - and thus no way to even exit dev studio. (the ok button just says you have entered an invalid key, and drops you back into the 'enter key' dialog)

Not a major bug, but kind of annoying, in that I had to kill devstudio via taskmanager in the end to escape.

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2004 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile
case=240

Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  03:41:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I uninstalled VA X and reinstalled the latest VA X yesterday (after changing from VStudio 2002 to VStudio 2003). I also got the 'trial expired, enter key' message (although I never ran any trial-version on this computer) and went to the 'enter key' dialog. (I have a valid key.) After copying my data into the two editboxes, the option 'enter key' was still available. So I pressed this button to enter my key, but it didn't do anything. I had to click 'ok'. Which was a bit confusing.
Could you please disable the 'enter key' button when you're in the 'enter key' dialog?

Thanks you kindly.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

Edited by - PatLuja on Sep 01 2004 03:46:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000