Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  02:45:15 AM  Show Profile
1. If you have something like:
template<typename T>
class aa {
operator T *();
};

aa<int> bb;
bb.operator[TAB]

auto-complete will autocomplete to operator T, not operator int, even though template argument is (most likely) known to VA.

2. If you open an XML file as a source, two Visual Assist's combos won't be shown, but text editor's window will be resized like combos are present. Probably there are more file types with the same problem...

3. In Options/C++ directories... There really should be an option to copy (all) entries from Win32 to custom platform. However, now, without that option, there is a bug. If you add something to the custom platform, go back to the Win32 platform (for example, to look up for another entry to make a copy) and then return to the custom platform, previous modifications will be lost.

4. In Options/Listboxes... Checkboxes doesn't have equal vertical distance. Applies also to almost all other pages.

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  5:56:41 PM  Show Profile
What version of the software/IDE are you using, because with VS .NET 2003 and VA X 1246, your number 3 is resolved for me (the default directories are automatically copied), and I can't find the place you are talking about with number 4.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile
point 1, VAX not working so well with templates is a known issue

case=201

point 2, what are you doing? if i go ctrl+o and open an XML file, the wizard bar is shown just fine.

point 3, i am trusting jpizzi on this one

point 4, i guess you are talking about options -> text editor -> listboxes
looking closely it does look like the vertical spacing may be out, but i have just had a go at measuring the spacing using a pixel counting program, and all of the pairs i checked are the same distance apart. i think this is an optical effect caused by the exact text of the labels, or it is fixed in 1274

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  6:25:29 PM  Show Profile
I finally found where you are talking about. I did a screen print copy to the clipboard and pasted into Paint. VA X 1246 has 5 pixels between the Tab and Return checkboxes and only 4 pixels between Return and Any Character.

If this is the most important problem that Whole Tomato has to correct, I am a VERY happy camper .

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  03:11:47 AM  Show Profile
The version is 1274, as stated in the message' subject.

2. Is there a way to include a snapshow. In meantime, I've investigated a problem a bit better. I have my combos at the bottom of the screen. If VA is turned off, I have text editor window and XML\\Data buttons at the bottom. If VA is turned on, VA's combos take vertically same position as XML\\Data buttons, which aren't moved either. However, text window is correctly resized, so, an unrefreshed area appears between text window and VA's combos...

3. The problem is noticed after I've upgraded from 1246 to 1274.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  10:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Send your small screenshot to [email protected]. We will post in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  10:31:51 AM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2004 :  2:57:24 PM  Show Profile
now i know what to look for, the XML problem is easy to reproduce.

case=375

as for the spacing on the options dialogue, this is what i produced when i looked at a screen shot in paint:

the black spots are mine, i used them to count the pixels. this is VAX 1274 in .NET 2003, options -> text editor -> suggestions

as far as i can tell, the spacing is correct.

Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2004 :  03:47:52 AM  Show Profile
For example, in TextEditor/Listboxes dialog...

I've got four pixels between the first and the second checkbox and the third and the fourth, while there are five pixels between all other checkboxes.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2004 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile
now i know exactly where to look, i agree. did you actually notice with the naked eye? if so, i am impressed

i am having to count the pixels to confirm this.

case=382

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000