New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Old as dirt
Tomato Guru

USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  4:29:43 PM  Show Profile
I wrote a template which I can't use without writing down the list of parameters I need because the clipboard isn't active when I'm filling in the parameters. It would be SO nice if I could go the the various places in my code and copy the values I need for the template parameters into the clipboard and then paste them when I am filling in the parameters. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to need this big time before you get it implemented. Please help.

Ken

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  4:36:50 PM  Show Profile
VS .NET has a "Clipboard Ring", which VAX anhances (not sure if it enhances Clipboard for VS 6 too).
Using VAX you can copy as much into the Clipboard, invoke a new "Paste Menu" by pressing Ctrl + Alt + V and choose your desired entry...

Do you use VS 6?

Go to Top of Page

Old as dirt
Tomato Guru

USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  5:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Yes I'm using VS6 and the clipboard is enhanced so that I can copy several values into it and paste them by pressing Ctrl-Shift-v. But the Ctrl-Shift-v doesn't work when I am trying to fill in the parameters of a template

I just installed 1277 and the behaviour changed so that Ctrl- Shift - V just pastes the last thing copied into the clipboard. I need to paste several things in though.

Ken

Edited by - Old as dirt on Oct 20 2004 5:58:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2004 :  1:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Reasonable request.

case=388
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked