New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2004 :  02:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Visual Assist should merge include file informations from all include directories available.

For example, in VS settings, I have an include directory that points to an official boost distribution. However, I sometimes use unreleased boost libraries which I rather put into project's directory. In such situation, VA wrongly autocompletes includes - if I start typing #include <boost/... VA will only offer me boost includes put into project's directory, but it should list both them and official boost includes I put in separate dir.

Also, one thing about forum... If you enter a wrong username or password and then click on back to reenter them, you lose message text (which isn't a case on many forums). :( Could you fix that?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2004 :  08:44:23 AM  Show Profile
i don't really follow the bug report. your #include line shows a directory reference. are you saying there are extra include files in this boost directory?

can you produce list a couple of header files, along with their paths, so i can see what you mean?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2004 :  09:07:22 AM  Show Profile
OK, i have something like this:

<...>
<boost>
boost files

<...>
<my project dir>
<boost>
unreleased boost files

If I start writting #include <boost/, VA should suggest me both (merged) 'boost' and 'unreleased boost' files since compiler is able to access all of them.

Currently, VA only offers me 'unreleased boost files' since it's probably the first boost directory VA finds.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  6:16:09 PM  Show Profile
using C++, .NET 2003 and VAX 1278 i added:
C:\\whole_tomato\\include;C:\\downloads\\include

to the projects additional include directories. inside each of these directories i created a subdirectory "boost".

into:
C:\\downloads\\include\\boost
i inserted:
daily_size_dialog.h, file_info_dialog.h, file_list_dialog.h, file_list_view_item.h, filter_dialog.h

and into:
C:\\whole_tomato\\include\\boost
i inserted:
log_record.h
log_viewer.h
log_viewer_common.h
options_dialog.h
qstring.h
resource.h

after restarting the IDE, so that it will pick up these new directory settings i get:

VAX is doing this for me.

Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  02:59:58 AM  Show Profile
What if one of those dirs is placed in project's directory?

I still get only those files...
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  5:18:52 PM  Show Profile
i have just tried this, with one of the boost directories (with 4 .h files) in the same directory as my source code and project file.

ie, i would normally go:
#include "boost/fred.h"

there are another 4 headers in the directory:
C:\\whole_tomato\\include\\boost
where
C:\\whole_tomato\\include\
has been added to my project include directories. VAX 1278 is listing all of the headers correctly.

is this the same situation as you have? what IDE are you using? all of this is with .NET 2003 on a winXP pro SP2 machine.

Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  03:30:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes, .net 2003 and XP SP2.

After I had this problem for weeks, I've completely uninstalled Visual Assist and deleted all cache/registry information. After reintalling it, I haven't noticed the problem any more. How is that possible, since VA doesn't seem to cache include auto-complete informations, I don't know.

Sorry for wasting your time. :(
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  5:27:44 PM  Show Profile
now and then i have spent time tracking down bugs in VAX that disappear when i uninstall and reinstall. i even raised a case for one of them on Saturday, only to discover i was unable to reproduce it the next day *doh*

this is just the way it is sometimes. i am glad the problem is fixed for you, and i learned something new about how VAX handles #include suggestion lists, so it wasn't all bad

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000