Add/Delete bookmarks on RMouse
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

unit0

Russia
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  11:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Maybe this option is in VS2005 or VA, but in VS2003 work with bookmarks not usefull. I want use RMouse click for add/delete bookmarks so as used LMouse for breakpoint.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18940 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  4:42:21 PM  Show Profile
if you disable VAX in .NET 2003 you still cannot do this, since you simply get the normal right click menu.

i use CTRL_K + CTRL_K to toggle unnamed bookmarks in my code. in addition you can use CTRL_K + CTRL_N and CTRL_K + CTRL_P to move through the breakpoints.

*wonders* do you mean you would like create and remove bookmarks added to the VAX right click menu?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Nov 03 2004 5:47:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

ivan
Ketchup Master

Russia
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  6:00:11 PM  Show Profile
I guess he wants to be able to toggle bookmarks by right-clicking in the indicator margin area to the left (just like left click there toggles breakpoints)
Go to Top of Page

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  6:22:56 PM  Show Profile
I bet you if that happens we'll see more problems arising from the disappearing popup menu . It would have to be related.
Go to Top of Page

ivan
Ketchup Master

Russia
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  7:12:48 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by feline
i use CTRL_K + CTRL_K to toggle unnamed bookmarks in my code. in addition you can use CTRL_K + CTRL_N and CTRL_K + CTRL_P to move through the breakpoints.

You are aware of the fact that you can use Ctrl+F2 for toggling and F2/Shift+F2 for moving forward/back between bookmarks, right? ;)

quote:
Originally posted by rblondeau
I bet you if that happens we'll see more problems arising from the disappearing popup menu. It would have to be related.

Yeah, probably ;) I don't think we'll ever find out, though, since context menus are different in text editor and indicator margin areas. So replacing right click with 'toggle bookmark' in the latter would remove some items that cannot be found in context menu several pixels to the right...
Go to Top of Page

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  7:31:57 PM  Show Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the toggling of unnamed bookmarks by the use of Ctrl+F2 last seen in Visual Studio 6.0? In VS 2002 it was replaced by Ctrl_K + Ctrl_K.

Needless to say, as soon as I discovered that, I immediately remapped the Ctrl_K + Ctrl_K to Ctrl_F2.
Go to Top of Page

ivan
Ketchup Master

Russia
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2004 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Hmm maybe... Now I recall that I set keyboard mapping scheme to 'Visual C++ 6' in Keyboard Options immediately after installing VS 2003 (never used VS 2002), so it's been Ctrl+F2 for me since the beginning, but it never occurred to me they might have changed it in the default mapping (for some reason I thought it would be uhm... logical for them to keep it as it was). ;)

Edited by - ivan on Nov 03 2004 8:33:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

unit0

Russia
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2004 :  02:37:00 AM  Show Profile
Ctrl + LMouse
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18940 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  3:27:21 PM  Show Profile
i dont see WT removing the right click menu, that sounds like a big step backwards to me *shrug*

unit0, using .NET 2003 ctrl + left mouse click toggles a break point when i click into the margin.

quote:
Originally posted by ivan

(for some reason I thought it would be uhm... logical for them to keep it as it was). ;)

does someone else want to break the harsh reality of the IDE to ivan, or should i?

in an ideal world i would rather like the VIM bookmark method introduced to the IDE, but this is probably asking a bit much *sigh*

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

ivan
Ketchup Master

Russia
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2004 :  07:03:45 AM  Show Profile
feline, I think unit0's last suggestion was to make ctrl+lclick toggle bookmarks instead of breakpoints. Not a bad idea, actually.

As for the IDE, believe it or not but I like VS2003 better than VS6 ;p. I'm not happy about many of the changes they've made, but overall I think it's still better than its predecessor.

My first impression of VS.Net was totally different. The only reason why I never used VS2002 was that I found it to be absolutely unusable, and I thought the same about VS2003 after installing it. Then I had to use it, because I was working on some project and one of the client's requirements was that it was done with the latest version of ATL. In a few months I realized that I was beginning to like it ;) I still have VS6 installed just in case I'll have to use it (one of the drawbacks of being a freelance programmer), but this almost never happens nowadays.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000