New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2004 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile
With the last two versions (1284 and 1286), coloring gets totally screwed up. Will someone please look into this? The only way I know to fix this is to uninstall, wipe all traces from the Registry, and then re-install. The problem with that is, all my frigging IDE settings get hosed, and I spend weeks fighting with the retarded IDE to back to when I started from. I just can't afford the time to install each new version anymore until this gets fixed...

(Yes, I know, uninstalling VAX should not affect my IDE windows and toolbars. But it does.)

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2004 :  1:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Ouch.

VA X grabs your preferred colors using an automation interface. Prior to build 1287, VA X did not grab after every install. Instead, VA X looked in its own registry branch to see if it had grabbed colors during any prior install. Build 1287 grabs every time.

We made the slight change in build 1287 to eliminate a quirk that required a few users to "Use defaults" after every install of VA X. Obviously, we broke something (or did not fix something) in Larry's environment. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem, even with dark backgrounds.

Given few similar, recent complaints, we are likely to create a special build for Larry. It will have some extra debugging info. We will followup via email.
Go to Top of Page

ubersu

16 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2004 :  4:13:42 PM  Show Profile
You're going to do a special build for a few similar complaints? If you guys are serious, my hat is off to you! That's what I call support!

DJ
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2004 :  10:47:44 AM  Show Profile
I haven't gotten an email yet... my spam filters may have gotten over-zealous. Can you try it again?
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2004 :  11:40:15 AM  Show Profile
I finally got around to fixing my machine at home, and I have to report that doing an un-install, cleaning the Registry, and deleting all WT-related files from the disk, and then re-installing completely fixes the problem.

Of course, re-installing VAX totally resets the IDEs toolbars back to default... sigh... at least it's working again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000