Auto Text in comments
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brusch

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2004 :  06:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I want to include doxygen-tags into auto-text templates.
So, I included the following lines into the autotext-options.

@p:
@param -?[FF]
@r:
@return -?[FF]

But this doesn't work. Either, the character '@' is not allowed or the autotext doesn't work inside comments.
My suggestion: Make this work ;)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2004 :  4:16:20 PM  Show Profile
suggestions don't automatically appear when typing inside comments, which is deliberate. since the text in a comment is basically free form, VAX wont be able to reliably offer suggestions.

how about a larger autotext entry for a standard comment block that already has several doxygen tags inside it?

if you want one of several different comment blocks, then enter all of them with the same trigger, eg ///: as a trigger, and then pick the block you want from the autotext pick list.

as for making this work, having an autotext entry appear *every* time i type "if", "for" or "while" in a comment will quickly drive me nuts.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

brusch

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2004 :  04:40:03 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by feline

how about a larger autotext entry for a standard comment block that already has several doxygen tags inside it?

I already tried this, but it's not a big improvement. It is then necessary do delete/copy lines (minor part - this should be a one-key issue) but will fit only for @param, @return but not for the other tags.

quote:
as for making this work, having an autotext entry appear *every* time i type "if", "for" or "while" in a comment will quickly drive me nuts.

This is obviously true. But it might be possible to allow only selected triggers inside comments. Maybe, all triggers starting with special characters, or give the trigger a parameter.

These tags are also used for other documentation systems, so I think this would be a very helpful feature.

I currently have not enough time to dig deep into the possibilities of VA or the IDE, so possibly there are other ways to achieve this.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2004 :  7:34:55 PM  Show Profile
The only special characters that may appear in the name of an Autotext entry are ones that begin C/C++ comments, hyphen and #. If a name begins with comment characters, only special characters may follow the name, eg hyphen, slash and plus.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/autotext.html?more=yes&goto=definingAutotext

The only completion you can get inside comments is when pressing Ctrl+Space. Otherwise as you have discovered, VA X does not offer suggestions. And on Ctrl+Space, completions come from strings within your file -- they are not all valid completions as is the case when you have context.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/members.html?more=yes&goto=comment
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000