Feature Requests
 Improvement on the suggestion boxes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mantaray

4 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2004 :  12:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm actually not sure whether it still is c++.net who shows this box, or if vax has "hijacked" it, but perhaps you still can do something about it:

If I create a class which has the same name as another class, the suggestion list box which appears when I write object. or object-> usually either includes or is replaced by the other class, instead of my own! I'm talking classes which aren't even included in my project! I never use MFC, but I can't create classes with the name CFont or CWindow or similar, because they disturb the suggestion list boxes. This happens even if I put my class in a namespace. Can anything be done about this? It is SOO annoying!

Anyways, thanks for the BEST code helper program! I love it!

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2004 :  1:11:21 PM  Show Profile
You are kind given the annoyance.

We assume you have a recent build, i.e. 1287 or 1289.

For sake of terminology, a suggestion list has question mark icons and appears when you type partial symbols. A members listbox appears when you type ->or dot. The latter does not contain "suggestions" per se.

The content of member listboxes is determined by the setting of "Get content from default Intellisense" on the Listboxes node of our options dialog. Obviously, if set the info comes from MS. If not, it comes from the VA X parsers. Try changing the setting of the option.

You also have a "Guess definition of symbol" option which you might want to disable, assuming it's set. If set and neither MS nor VA X is sure it knows the definition of the symbol, VA X takes a wild guess. VA X simply looks for a like named symbol and/or class, irrespective of context.

If you never use MFC yet the libraries and headers for MFC are still in your IDE settings, you might remove them or set custom directories in the VA X options dialog. Custom directories let you tell VA X where to find headers, and which headers (e.g. MFC) should always be known.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/directories.html?more=yes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000