Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 10.1 Having issues with include directories?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gstelmack
Ketchup Master

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2005 :  2:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Using build 1293, Visual Studio.NET 2003:

I've been having off-and-on issues with basic Windows types (HWNT, UINT, etc) not being recognized by Visual Assist X. Just today, I hit another case where I right-clicked on a #include line to a DirectX header that is in the DX include paths, selected "Open document", and got an error dialog claiming "file 'dxdiag.h' not found in system build paths". Trouble is, the paths it lists only include those specified in the project settings, and the ones directly specified under the "Custom" platform in the Visual Assist X options.

The "Custom" platform only includes directory paths I specifically tell it to. In my case, these include a path to Havok, the Xbox SDK (I work with code that has Xbox files in it as well as Win32), and a directory of internal library headers.

Do I have to manually move over all the Visual C++ headers to the "Custom" project in order to get additional directories searched? Or should it be picking up the Win32 platform settings as well?

-- Greg Stelmack, Red Storm Entertainment

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2005 :  10:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Right-clicking on a #include line and selecting "Open document" is a VS thing, not a VA thing.

Can't talk to the other issue.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2005 :  12:37:57 AM  Show Profile
jpizzi is right about selecting "Open document." Perhaps VA X should intercept and fix the command. Another day...

Try moving the caret to the #include and clicking "Goto" to the right of our Definition field, or Alt+G if you are keyboard-centric. VA X should take you to the header, which it finds using either IDE settings or the Custom directories list.

If your DX directories are in the IDE settings, VA X should find your header. If not (but how do you compile?), you might switch to Custom directories. (We always prefer you fix your IDE settings.)

When you switch to Custom directories, the default list is that taken from the IDE settings. The list typically includes of "Visual C++ headers" that are in default IDE settings, so you needn't add them yourself.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/directories.html?more=yes
Go to Top of Page

gstelmack
Ketchup Master

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2005 :  12:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Well, after manually adding the DirectX and Platform SDK headers to the Custom tab, everything seems to be working well. For whatever reason, VAX did not seem to be grabbing the list from the IDE settings (maybe an uninstall and re-install would fix this, it's been back into the beta days since I last did this).

-- Greg Stelmack, Red Storm Entertainment
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000