Technical Support
 Visual Asset header remains on windows that lose f
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scs0

15 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2005 :  3:58:25 PM  Show Profile
The controls of the Visual Asset header will remain on windows that have lost focus. If you have multiple windows open in the Visual Studio editor the controls are supposed to appear along the top of the window with focus, but sometimes the header will get stuck on a window and will not move to the window of focus.

Visual Studio 2003
XP - SP1
Visual Assist Options... --> This menu option no longer does anything so I can't get the version. I think it is the latest version, what's up with this version? The previous ones seemed so stable and reliable!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2005 :  4:18:59 PM  Show Profile
can you post a screen shot showing the controls on the wrong window effect? i don't really follow what you are describing.

i have never had a problem where by the options menu item does not open *puzzled* do you have any other plugin's installed? this can occasionally cause problems if one of the other plugin's is misbehaving.

personally i would try to uninstall and reinstall VAX to see if that would help.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

scs0

15 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2005 :  9:48:30 PM  Show Profile
The problem is the bug seems to get worse and worse. Once Visual Assist gets stuck, then things start going haywire. At this point I can't get those header controls to appear on any of my source code files and the controls in the toolbar are mostly grayed out. I try enabling and disabling Visual Assist through the VAssistX menu but nothing happens.

I think there are some serious problems with the 1289 release of Visual Assist. I've used two other versions and they just worked. It was basically an invisible addin, when I needed to use a feature it just did what it was supposed to do. Sometimes the "Go" button wouldn't work, and selecting sourcecode files with their title bar sometimes maximized the window but that was about it. With this version I see all sorts of bizarre problems, the best way to describe this version is that it works about as well as Microsoft software. ;)

I don't even want to mess with 1289 anymore, is there a way to revert back to 1246?
Go to Top of Page

scs0

15 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2005 :  10:17:14 PM  Show Profile
I made a picture, but doesn't your webpage support uploading photos? If not, give me an email address and I'll send it in.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2005 :  06:08:56 AM  Show Profile
to show pictures i have a free account at www.photobucket.com and then post the link here using the img tags.

the current latest version is 1293, available from
http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/index.html so you can try a different version.

i don't recall anyone else reporting anything like the problems you are having. uninstalling VAX and deleting its directory (after backing up any changes to autotext first) before installing the latest build is probably worth a try.

you should be able to get 1246 from [email protected] if you email them with your registration info. i am currently using 1289 myself on .NET 2003 and i am not having any serious problems.

do you have any other plugin's installed? this can cause problems when different plugins clash.

Go to Top of Page

scs0

15 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2005 :  10:43:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm not creating yet another internet login ID and password set to access yet another website. These bugs have already wasted enough of my time. Do you have an email address that I can send this to?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2005 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile
thats fair. if you email me via the forum i will reply. i avoid posting my email address on public forums since i don't want to get any more spam than i already get.

one thing i am wondering reading over this thread, do you have the IDE set to MDI look or tabbed look?

tools menu -> options -> environment -> general -> MDI environment

i have only ever used it in tabbed mode, so this could explain the confusion. i have just swapped to MDI mode, and the VAX wizard bar is appearing on the active code window, and moves as i move from one code window to another.

nothing is freezing, and VAX is still responding just fine. if this is the situation you have then there is no need for the screen shot. i just don't understand why this is happening to you.

do you have any other plugin's installed? any "odd" programs installed and running? a localised IDE or windows?

Go to Top of Page

scs0

15 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2005 :  10:30:52 AM  Show Profile
I use the MDI view of Visual Studio.NET

I'll send you a screenshot.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2005 :  3:44:15 PM  Show Profile
email reply sent, so now you can send the screen shot directly.

are you using any other plugin's? are any programs that are installed linking into the IDE somehow? i am working on the theory something is triggering this problem.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18941 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2005 :  2:31:25 PM  Show Profile
in case you have not received my email reply the picture arrived fine.

do you get this problem with all projects? it doesn't seem likely to be project specific, but it could be language specific. i am looking for any clues that will help me to reproduce this problem.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000