New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmihalicza
Ketchup Master

Hungary
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2005 :  02:07:41 AM  Show Profile
Hovering Class Browser is a very good feature especially when one is working on someone else's files. I was however a bit disappointed when I realized that I have no other choice than using the mouse to display the details.

Similarly to the 'Show current scope when typing' option it would be great to have another kind of behaviour, say 'Show details also when typing' that would behave the same way as hovering but would follow the caret as well.

The caret and the mouse probably point to different positions, so the behaviour should be clarified well. I think the last touched one should be considered. (CTRL+down (and up) is tricky because it doesn't move the caret but modifies the mouse position relative to the text. I think this shouldn't be treated as a mouse movement, just like it works now.)

Fred@

France
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2005 :  09:03:09 AM  Show Profile
I think the idea of having HCB available with the keyboard is good.

But I prefer to have a command assigned to any key (CTRL_ALT_B - we can change it).

I think that having it always available will slow the editor, so I'm not for an option.
Go to Top of Page

jmihalicza
Ketchup Master

Hungary
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2005 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile
I don't think having it always enabled for keyboard would slow the editor. There is already a delay in it, after all the mouse can move over the text much faster than anyone can type or navigate.

In my opinion the possible candidates for shortcuts are:
  • HCB for mouse on/off

• HCB for caret on/off

• show HCB info for mouse

• show HCB info for caret (your suggestion)

The latter two have two purposes:
  • control ambiguity (when you have moved the mouse, but are still interested in the stuff at the caret)

• that mode is not enabled, but you are interested in it sometimes (your suggestion)

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2005 :  9:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Your suggestions are reasonable and your reason as to why we don't have keyboard access is correct -- the "caret and the mouse probably point to different positions."

We will consider your suggestions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000