About syntex coloring
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AgedBOY

6 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2005 :  09:11:31 AM  Show Profile
To VAX developers,

I wish my discription could bring you some useful information. But perhaps my discription is not so accurate. Excuse me.

It is about the syntex coloring on Non-English IDEs. I don't know why you don't support Non-English IDEs? Is anything so difficult? Or, maybe due to that many Non-English uses do not pay for their copies? Hehe~... :-)

My VS.NET 2003 is a legal Chinses version, my company bought it for my team. When I installed VAX 1299 trail version, the coloring function worked but not very correctly. Once, I changed the IDE's "region" setting from "Chinese" to "U.S.", and then retored it back to Chinese. Meanwhile, by chance, I found the IDE's "Font and Color" settings has a "Customized" option, so I changed "Symbol" color to "Customized".

After that, the coloring function works very well on my CHINESE IDE!

But, on some friends' computer (I don't know whether their VS.NET is legal or not), I can't find "U.S" option for region setting, so VAX 1299's coloring function still does not work on their computers.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2005 :  12:50:34 PM  Show Profile
We wonder if the workaround was related to the changing of region or changing of "symbol" color.

Is "symbol" a translation from Chinese? We think the US English term for what you changed is, "Identifier." (We assume you are inside Tools|Options|Environment|Fonts and Colors.)

Does changing "Symbol" color to "Customized" on your friend's computer fix the coloring problem?
Go to Top of Page

AgedBOY

6 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2005 :  10:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, sorry, what I refered to is "Identifier".

I mean, my VS.NET IDE has a region option of "U.S." while my firend's IDE seems has no "U.S." region. They can only use North China region.

I once selected "U.S." region and set "Identifier" to "Customized", my VAX's coloring function works pretty well! Even after I changed region option back to North China, and remained the "Identifier" as "Customized", VAX still works correctly. But since my friend's IDE does not have a "U.S." region, so VAX still can not color their source code.

We'are now trying VAX 1299 trail version.

If I could deal with the syntex coloring problem, I would suggest my company buy VAX, for its so helpful!
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2005 :  12:14:55 PM  Show Profile
See this thread for an interesting workaround.

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3603

We are still looking for the culprit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000