Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gbozoki
Ketchup Master

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  01:51:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I use VA X in Visual Studio .Net 2003, in an ATL DLL project. I added an ATL control class to the project and started adding property functions. The project uses gdiplus.lib and uses the "Gdiplus::" prefix instead of a "using namespace Gdiplus;".

When I try to access member functions of the control class (like EnableWindow(), etc.), the definition combo and code completion tooltips are frequently wrong, showing Win32 API information for functions with the same name. If I prefix the function names with "this->" then the tooltip is right, but it gets wrong again when I move the caret within the function parenthesis.

There are also some problems in using the Gdiplus namespace: VA X gave practically no correct code completion and tooltip for items in this namespace. I have to manually look up every single item declared in gdiplus.h . Sometimes the listbox that shows class/enum members show names truncated at the beginning (for example, "DashStyleDot" is shown as "yleDot").

I took screenshots of these problems to explain them more clearly, please let me know, where can I upload them.

In this project, VA X quickly became more of a hindrance than any help, since at least 50% of all tooltips I see are wrong, perhaps more.

Is this by design or a known issue?

Thanks,
Gyorgy Bozoki

P.S.: please note, that I removed the registration information from the info below because it's my email address.

------------------------------------------
VA_X.dll file version 10.1.1301.0
Licensed to:
VA X:
VA.NET 7.1: <removed> (1-user license)
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.2.0.4
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\include;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include\\prerelease;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\SDK\\v1.1\\include;

Library Includes:
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
F:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  02:02:27 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gbozoki

I took screenshots of these problems to explain them more clearly, please let me know, where can I upload them.

Please zip and mail your screenshots to [email protected] and put the Thread-ID 3625 into the subject and/or body of the mail.

We'll gladly host the files for you and post them into this thread.

Go to Top of Page

gbozoki
Ketchup Master

USA
70 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  11:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I sent the screenshots more than a week ago, I was wondering if anything happened to them - I haven't heard a thing since then.

I still get the same problems in my C++ project; in fact I decided to turn off VAX completely in this project, as I ended up actually fixing the incorrect insertions made by VAX instead of relying on it while coding.

It seems to me that build 1301 has some problems (as opposed to builds before 1293 or so); could you please let me know what's going on?

Thank you very much,
Gyorgy Bozoki
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  1:23:53 PM  Show Profile
We have your many screenshots. You effectively demonstrate VA X has difficulty parsing your ATL project. For this reason, we recommend you enable "Get contents from default Intellisense" on the the "Text Editor|Listboxes" node of our options dialog.

Your Intellisense will come from the IDE which in this case, has better, pre-built database of information.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000