Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  10:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello,
I have an idea for what Visual Assist can do in the event that say someone references a symbol (variable or function) that is mis-spelled, which is to handle it the same way spelling is handled. If someone types in the wrong symbol name for a variable or function allow the user to right click on the item and give suggestions that seem to be close to what they've typed in (similar to spell check).

Sincerely,

James Simpson

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2005 :  01:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Hmm... while I'm pretty sure that VAX suggested the known symbols while the user typed, why didn't the user select the right one from the suggestions?

When I intentionally type a not known symbol (and ignoring suggestions from Visual Assist IS intentionally, at least in my books), I know that no-one will ever popup a valid suggestion afterwards...

VAX already guesses while you type, why bother guessing again on mistyped symbols?

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Apr 29 2005 01:59:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Racey

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2005 :  10:36:44 AM  Show Profile
Hm..Only time I think this could be useful is if you've changed the symbol declaration after using it in the code. On the occasion that I do this, though, I just delete the use and start typing to have VA suggestion the symbols again...Or copy/paste the change.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000