Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Truistic

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  11:19:51 AM  Show Profile
Excluding the Visual Assist vc7 directory resolves the issue with NAV 10 Corp. I was experiencing the same issue and this solved the problem. Not a perfect solution, but at least I'm able to continue using VA X.

Some of my clients have been having issues with NAV 10 Corp with other software, so this isn't necessarily an isolated case.
Go to Top of Page

barrettg

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  12:58:37 PM  Show Profile
I have been testing this solution for several days and have not noticed any strange before from Visual Assist. I added my Visual Studio directory to the exclude path of Symantec AV. From what I can tell, this has fixed my problem. Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  1:05:18 PM  Show Profile
barrettg - Did you add the Visual Assist directory or the Visual Studio directory to the exclude path?
Go to Top of Page

barrettg

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  3:13:40 PM  Show Profile
I only added the Visual Studio Directory. [C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003]
Go to Top of Page

Truistic

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  3:38:39 PM  Show Profile
One thing I would like to mention is I really don't see how this can be a Whole Tomato issue. Antivirus software is supposed to be transparent; nothing Visual Assist is doing should have any bearing on what the AV software is doing. While it is aggravating that it is causing issues with VA, I don't really see how this can be a VA issue. The people using NAV 10 Corp (myself included) should be complaining to Symantec, for it is their software that is triggering the issue, not VA.

just my 2cents. (And yes, I've fired off numerous emails to Symantec about this issue)
Go to Top of Page

psenevir

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  3:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I am having the same problem with VA where variables become unrecognized when there are 2 or more instances of Visual C++ IDEs.
I do have NAV 10 installed, but I have 'Visual Assist X' folder and 'Microsoft Visual Studio' folder listed in exceptions. I am still having the problem.
I uninstalled 10.1.1418.0 and installed version 1301. The same problem exists with that version too.
Are there any other folders that I need to exclude?
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile
case=692

The only verified workaround is to disable Auto-protect until the next build of VA is available for download.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  5:09:23 PM  Show Profile
We received an update from Symantec:

"We are working on a fix. In the meantime, please use [ http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/savrticfg.exe ] to turn off [Auto-protect] until a fix [in NAV] is posted.

1) Put savrticfg.exe in the Symantec AntiVirus directory (same directory as SAVRT.dat)

2) From the command line run:

savrticfg.exe ICFG:OpenScanningMode 0

AutoProtect will need to be reloaded for this setting to take effect. [Reboot the machine]

There are no changes in functionality and the change will be transparent."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000