Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AdyR
Ketchup Master

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  7:47:37 PM  Show Profile
How was the problem solved? I have the same symptoms.

Ady
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  3:44:51 PM  Show Profile
the fix involves a certain amount of fiddling around with your system. have you tried moving from VAX 1418 to VAX 1301? if not then you probably have a different problem.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

kevinsikes
Tomato Guru

USA
271 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  4:31:59 PM  Show Profile
I have also been going back and forth between builds 1301 and 1418 when working with VC6 (particularly for projects with additional include directories, which is hosed in 1418). I ran into the problem where the VAX options dialog cannot be displayed, and I found the cause (odd as it is.) In 1301, when the Workspace Window is undocked, the VAX options dialog will not display. Docking the workspace window will fix the problem (!)
In my particular case, the Workspace Window was undocked and moved onto a separate monitor. ATI's HydraVision, which is a multiple monitor management tool, may be contributing to the problem, as it hooks dialog creation and forces dialogs to display on a particular monitor.
By the way, speaking of Workspace Window, has anyone run into a problem where the text of all the tabs is squished down to an unreadable squiggle?

Kevin Sikes
Infotainment Platform Design Engineer
Ford Motor Company
Go to Top of Page

AdyR
Ketchup Master

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  4:49:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi feline,
Yes I did try 1418 until its trial expired as I have been looking at VS 2005. I have tried un-installing and then removing all signs of VA from the hard disk and the registry but I must be missing somthing as it never asks me to enter my serial number when I put 1301 back on.

Ady
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile
kevinsikes i am seeing the same problem with VAX's options dialog in VC6 under VMWare, so a single monitor. so ATI's HydraVision seems to be off the hook. the problem seems to be fixed in 1418, at least for me.

i don't think i have ever had the problem with the squashed text on the tabs.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000