Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  10:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I'm still using build 1301, and I've seen a bug for ages, which I could pinpoint today.

The bug has to do with my system settings. I'm using Win XP Pro SP 2 (in Dutch) and Visual Studio .Net 2003 (in English). Furthermore some of my language-settings might make a difference: I'm using as standard input language Dutch, with an US-international keyboard.

Now here's the problem:
When I try to type a double double-quote (so: ""), I always end up with a tripple double-quote (so : """). It has to do with my Dutch settings. When I press a double-quote once, it is not displayed, because I can type a vocal and get vocals with a diaeresis (so +?, +?, +?, +? and ++). To get a double-quote, I have to type a space or any character that can't be combined with a diaeresis. So if I type a double double-quote, they are both inserted at the same time (after I've pressed the key the second time). I guess this is considered as a key repeat, which causes VA X to "double the effectiveness of the key repeat", and it will insert a third double-quote.

This doesn't only hold for a double-quote but, also for the accent acute ('), accent grave (`), tilde (~; I don't know the English word) and accent circumflex (^).

I will turn this option off for know...but could it be fixed somewhere in the future?
Thanks.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Did disabling the "double effective rate" fix your problem? If not, I think it is more likely related to "Insert () and closing })" on the Correction page of the Text Editor tree node in the VA options. The option label fails to mention double quote matching (but the tooltip mentions it).
Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  02:42:25 AM  Show Profile
Dear sean,

Disabling the "Double the effectiveness of the key repeat" does help. I also thought that another option would be the culprit, but since I've discovered this, it also seems logical (because the two double-quotes are actually entered at the same time).

Thanx for looking into it.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000