Include directories specified in project settings
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumtree

9 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  03:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,

Just paid for a license after trialling v1301 and had to install v1418.

I noticed that in VC6 the include directories specified in the project-settings-Additional Include Directories are not parsed anymore.

There is a reference to a bug 689 in http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3779 . At least I believe that refers to the same problem.

This is a huge issue for me because getting intellisense for all external headers is my main reason to use Visual Assist.

Q1: Is there a correction forthcoming soon?
Q2: Is it possible for to revert to an older version that does not have this problem. (I would need a new license.)

Please help, thanks,

Rog.

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Jul 27 2005 04:24:50 AM

gumtree

9 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  05:19:50 AM  Show Profile
Problems got worse...

I tried to re-install 1301. I received some messages about license keys that made no sense (sorry can't rembember details.)

Nothing works anymore. I tried uninstalling and re-installing 1418. The Add-in is listed in the customization/Add-ins tab in VC6 but that's all.

In VS.NET(2002) the toolbar and menu are there but everything is greyed out except the options button (which doesn't help either.)

Please help,

Rog.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  10:37:18 AM  Show Profile
The bug regarding parsing of VC++ 6.0 directories will be fixed in the next build -- it's due soon.

Try uninstalling all copies of Visual Assist using the Add/Remove Programs CP. Make sure our installation directories are gone. Start your IDEs to make sure our software is not loading.

Install build 1301.

We will email you a new key that will work in that build. (Your key purchased recently will not work in build 1301.)
Go to Top of Page

gumtree

9 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  01:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the new key, I received it. However there is no way I can enter this new key, the dialog never shows up.

I am in contact with Sean from support about this.

I have tried 100 ways of uninstalling and re-installing without any luck.

Rog.
Go to Top of Page

gumtree

9 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  02:27:56 AM  Show Profile
My install problems are solved. Thanks to the fantastic support of Sean. I now have build 1301 working and will patiently wait for a next build.

I'll leave it up to him if he wants to post the details of the solution here.

Rog.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000