Technical Support
 Visual 6/1418/View context and definition
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccpaging

3 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  03:51:27 AM  Show Profile
When I point on class member and function, my context listbox display nothing. But it is working on 1310.
Only system function and varible like MFC is display correctly.
It seems Assist X do not parse the project's include file when open project.
What's the problem?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  3:17:46 PM  Show Profile
are you using "AdditionalIncludeDirectories" to identify the header files that VAX does not seem to be parsing?

if so then this is a known bug with VC6 and a solution is being worked on, hopefully to be released soon. for now the workaround is to add these "AdditionalIncludeDirectories" to VAX's:

options -> projects -> C/C++ directories -> other include files

you will have to switch the platform to Custom to do this.

if this does not seem to be the problem then you will have to provide more information before i can really comment.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

ccpaging

3 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  9:48:31 PM  Show Profile
No "AdditionalIncludeDirectories", I use normal project. The "Additional Include" field in project-setting-MIDL is empty.
The class member are not displayed in listbox, but my enum{} define, MFC function, system #define are displayed.
I added my directory with include file to the other include file, and the problem is same.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile
if you declare an instance of this class and hover the mouse over the class name does the HCB update to show you information on this class? what happens if you use alt_g while the caret is inside the class name? what happens if you use alt_g on the header file name in the #include line?

have you restarted the IDE since adding this to the additional include field?

just to see if we are talking about the same thing i have done the following test:
using VC6 and a C++ project i used right click on the project name in "File View" and selected settings
in tab "C/C++" and category "Preprocessor" i added a single directory name to "additional include directories"
i then restarted the IDE.
i used #include to reference a header from this directory
alt_g on the file name on this line goes to the header
typing in the class name gave me a VAX suggestion for the class name
after creating an instance of the class pressing . gives me a list of the members in the class.

Go to Top of Page

ccpaging

3 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  05:07:20 AM  Show Profile
if you declare an instance of this class and hover the mouse over the class name does the HCB update to show you information on this class?
Yes, the class name is displayed in Top/Bottom of Source Windows.
what happens if you use alt_g while the caret is inside the class name?
The caret goto the CAboutDlg define while the caret is inside CAboutDlg. as below:
==========
class CAboutDlg : public CDialog
(caret is moved to here){
==========
what happens if you use alt_g on the header file name in the #include line?
The caret is moving to the include file.

just to see if we are talking about the same thing i have done the following test:
using VC6 and a C++ project i used right click on the project name in "File View" and selected settings
in tab "C/C++" and category "Preprocessor" i added a single directory name to "additional include directories"
i then restarted the IDE.
No. I never add any dir name to additional include directories, it is empty.

typing in the class name gave me a VAX suggestion for the class name?
Yes, I have a class named CAboutDlg, while I type CA, the VAX suggestion have CAboutDlg.

after creating an instance of the class pressing . gives me a list of the members in the class?
No, no member list.

I declare an instance/variable of theis class, and hove the mouse over the instance/variable, no information displayed, and no context displayed in top/bottom of source view.

My problem is no relationship of "additional include directories", and never use it.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  2:04:37 PM  Show Profile
i obviously got the wrong end on the additional include directories bit, sorry about that

this is very strange, i am trying to picture what might be going wrong. if you turn on:

VA Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Local symbols in Bold

is this variable shown in bold? if you use alt_g on the variable name when you are using it, are you taken back to the line where you declared the variable?

if you create a new, blank cpp file, and simply enter the code:

static void testingVariable()
{
    CAboutDlg testing;
    testing.
}

what happens? i am wondering if the class is fine, but it is the context in the code where you are using the class that is confusing VAX.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000