Technical Support
 Disabling sorting?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

squidge

23 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  11:12:31 AM  Show Profile
I want to completely disable sorting in the drop down boxes you get with CTRL+SPACE. I can disable sorting on the "context" and "definition" fields at the bottom of the window, but can't seem to stop it from sorting the drop down for CTRL+SPACE. This is becoming very annoying, as I'm using a lot of state machines, so need to constantly refer to the header file to see what the previous/next/etc state is as VAssist sorting makes the list it provides useless.

Also, when I just enter part of a symbol (eg. SS_) it shows a list like this:

and then I have to press CTRL+SPACE to get a list like this:

How do I get the full list, as shown in the second picture to start with? (And why is just showing question marks?)

Edited by - squidge on Aug 22 2005 11:38:20 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile
the first screen shot shows VA's suggestion listbox

http://66.150.196.105/products/features/suggestion.html?more=yes

these are VA's best guesses at what you are typing. i suspect they are ordered best guess first, with the assigned probability decreasing as you go down the list. use CTRL-SPACE to go from the suggestion list to a completion list, the second screen shot.

you can turn off suggestion lists in VA's options, text editor -> suggestions

i don't know of any way to turn off sorting, this has never come up before. have you tried splitting the editor window, so that you can view the header and the source code at the same time? by the sounds of it a vertical split with a thin window for the header may be very useful for what you are doing.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

squidge

23 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  04:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for your reply. Is there no way of getting the second list box as I type, rather than having to press CTRL+SPACE? I would much rather have a list of all items starting with what I've typed, then just the most recently used ones.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile
not currently. the reason is that for most (nearly all?) users, most of the time the suggestion listboxes (question marks) are much more helpful than the full lists.

i have put in a request for this feature in some future version.

case=712

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000