VAssist vs. VStudio.Net 2005 Intellisence Features
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrei

10 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello !
I have recently got back to VStudio programming. About 4 Years ago I have used VAssist under VStudio 6.0 and it was unreplaceable tool at that time. I am sure it has evolved and is more useful and productive now. But new times come... I have downloaded VStudio 2005 Beta and can only say that Microsoft guys are also doing their job - Intellisence is no more such malfunctioning feature as it was - it is also really helpful thing. It would be interesting, if you, Wholetomato-guys, make some kind of Features comparison- what VAssist does and what VStudio 2005 Intellisence does.
As a first [+] for VAssist I can mention that if something does not work, or is missing, you manage to add/fix it within sevral weeks, maybe month. With Microsoft it's more complicated - Service Packs come not so often and rarely extend "small features".

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:57:47 AM  Show Profile
one obvious difference is the autotext feature in VAX. from my limited investigations of VS 2005 beta 2 there is a similar feature, but there is no built in way to edit the rules, or to add new ones.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Andrei

10 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  6:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes, but some kind of list would be helpful. In VS.NET 2005 there is a problem that the editor is extremly overweighted with "smart features" and it FLICKERS ! I hope that it will disappear in the final release (I use July CTP now). So VAssist adds some extra "backgound activity". What I do now, is - I try to work with and without Vassist to get a feeling - how much does it help and how much it disturbs: which Smart functions are present in VS.NET and which are abscent. I think some kind of list would also helpful for you - to convince new .NET 2005 users to buy your super-add on !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000