New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  11:30:22 AM  Show Profile
The tomato is on a non-transparent bitmap.

When resizing the splitter in the VA view, it resizes the whole view so that the view covers the whole toolbar area. All tabs are hidden then. only resizing the toolbar solves it.

Files in Workspace dropdown:
When the dropdown has the focus on the list (not on the edit) then typing any non-navigation char closes the droplist, sets the focus to the edit. (same behavior with the "symbols in workspace")

Pressing the WinMenu key in the VA view brings up a unrelated context menu from VC.

What is the order of the files in the "Files in Workspace" ??? When I have multiple projects in the workspace the order seems to be rather random.

When you click on Files in workspace (I'll call it FIW from now on), and you close the droplist the focus remains in the drop edit, but the text "Files in Workspace" remains there. When you start typing you type in front of the text and no symbols are shown.

I cant repro reliably, but sometimes the drop lists are mini-sized and do not resize to show all results. Seems to happen sometimes when you type in the drop edit.

Since I could not figure out what exactly is the purpose of the lower part of the VA view, I'll call it "context view".

Anyway, what is shown there is also rather random and irritating. In most of the files in my main project, the view shows something related to the class below/around the cursor, but it disappears after a few seconds. Moving the cursor shows "content" but not always the same, but always it disappears soon. Sometimes its replaced with a different, related, context.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  12:57:02 PM  Show Profile
We understand all of the issues.

We will add tooltips to the lower part of the VA View and change its behavior slightly.

We prefer you to figure it the VA View without our help. Even better is you decide it's useful. (We have no chance to explain anything to a new trial user; we need to make the product stand on its own.)

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  1:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Let me add the issue of "double clicking on the icon of the context view text box" which opens up a very small droplist. Same with Alt+Down.

I am starting to understand the intention of the context view, although its definitely not intuitive so far for me.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  1:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Ok, more to add here:
The context view "works" also when Visual Studio is not the active application but you move the cursor over the VS window.

When you hover the mouse of the symbol "DWORD" in the source code, the context view shows:
DWORD
 - :ULONG
  + : DWORD

the list can be expanded endlessly. Its somehow stuck in recursion. (this means, never press * on this item in the list)
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2004 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile
There are two issues in this old thread which I was going to report until I found that Uniwares was two months ahead of me, so I'll just note that I'm still seeing them in 1213:

1) FIW is in an unhelpful order. I think it's the order in which the files appear in the Solution Explorer, but it would be better to make them alphabetical (or hierarchical like the Solution Explorer) because it's too hard to find things.

2) The HCB is still confused about DWORD in the way Uniwares described.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  2:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Sorted FIW in 1216 a great improvement, thank you.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  2:41:47 PM  Show Profile
If just the file in the active project would be ordered first (in case you have the same file multiple times)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000