Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  03:11:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

tremendously cool new version!!!

I am quite new to the beta - second day - an up to now I only have a single problem: the VA toolbar gets visible on startup of VS.NET 2002 and 2003 even if I closed VS.NET without the toolbar visible. If I close the toolbar before I open any solution and then do open a solution the VA toolbar pops up, too. After that point I can close the toolbar and it keeps closed - until I restart VS.NET when it pops up again...

Not a big problem but a bit annoying.

Bye,
Sven

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  03:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Just an additional note:
clicking in a source window with the mouse makes the VA toolbar reappear?!

Luckily I have a dual monitor setup so I've put the VA toolbar on the second monitor.

Bye,
Sven
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile
That happens with any add-in toolbar it seems. I have the "Project Counter" add-in and it has the same behaviour under VS.NET.
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2003 :  02:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Over a year ago I bugfixed a collegues addin for VB6 where he used the wrong callback method to set the position and visibility of his toolbar. So maybe there are some dependencies in the VS.NET addin models interfaces also?
As e.g. SourceSafe is able to get the toolbar visibility working I would guess that it is a bug.
Even MS has sometimes problems with their own IDE programming model: I am alpha testing Whidbey - the next VS - and they have one docking window "DataSource Fields" in the PDC version which keeps getting visible no matter how often you say good bye to it :)

But don't get me wrong: all the other parts of the integration in VS are truely amazing. Syntax coloring in the class view and in the member combobox. Only the object browser is not fully syntax colored.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000