New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Although the new color picker controls in the "Visual Assist X Options" dialog have a lot of nice features, I really dislike one thing: all you have to do is move the mouse over a color to have it change your selection! And there's no way to get your original color back (apart from clicking Cancel, and dumping all your changes). Ugh!

This is very annoying: when I'm good and ready to pick the color, I'll choose it by clicking on it. Thanks guys!

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile
Now you are being really picky, eh?
Go to Top of Page

Darren
Tomato Guru

USA
105 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  7:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Ya, that is annoying. My design intent was to have hot tracking where the color follows where the mouse is. An unfortunate side affect is what you describe. I'll try and clean it up.

Quick question - Are the two other views in the color picker helpful or do you mainly stay in the palette tab?
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  8:20:22 PM  Show Profile
("Picky" is my middle name! )

Don't get me wrong, it's probably the best color picker I've seen, except for that one tiny thing! I love the tips with the RGB values - that makes it so easy to add a new color that's just a little lighter than an existing one. Good job!

Personally, I prefer the web tab, because there are so many more colors available. And, they have names, which I'm more likely to remember when I re-image my machine, or get a new job, or re-install MSVC, etc.

The system tab, I don't know... all the colors there are so ugly - and they're the colors I picked!

Another thing I just thought of: the RGB tooltips are in hex, but when I go to add a new color by right-clicking on an empty slot, the standard Windows color common dialog comes up - and it requires decimal numbers, not hex, so I have to use the calculator to convert. (No, I can't to hex-to-decimal conversion in my head, even after all these years!) Can you change the tooltips to be in decimal (or both)?

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Dec 12 2003 09:08:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000