New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrcode925
Ketchup Master

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2003 :  09:02:49 AM  Show Profile
After experiencing a crash everytime I opened a specific solution (log already sent to support e-mail) I decided to unload the VA add-in and load the solution. However, after unloading the VAX add-in from the Add-In Manager dialog the VA View stayed open and the Assist menu remained on the screen.

Then I exited VS2003 and opened it again. Still, the menu and view were visible. So I went into the Add-In manager and enabled the VAX add-in. To my suprise, the Assist menu and VA View went away. Now the add-in was loaded, but entirely unreachable.

If it starts to make sense, you're in a cult.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2003 :  1:14:33 PM  Show Profile
For the sake of better integration (a Tomato in the splash??), we converted part of VA X to a "package" using MS VSIP. Actually, VSIP lets us create the VA View as a dockable window -- we have no way to do it without VSIP. The Assist menu is also part of the package integration.

Most of VA X is still an "add-in". We do many things as an add-in that one could never do as a package.

You have found the flaw in the split personality of VA X. If you unload the add-in, the package remains. You can remove packages only via uninstall or with:
"c:\\program files\\microsoft\\visual studio.net 2003\\Common7\\IDE\\devenv.exe" /setup

We will try to make our integration as painless as possible. For now, we suggest disabling/enabling VA X using Assist|Tools (for VS.NET) or our toolbar button (for VC++ 6.0). If you are trying to fix a setup problem, uninstall and reinstall.

VC++ 6.0 users do not have this problem.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000