New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mordachai
Tomato Guru

USA
224 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  11:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to request that the "Surround selection on..." set be extended to include angle braces <

Now, with C++11 in VS2012, I find that I am often converting new CLASS_NAME(args...) to make_shared<CLASS_NAME>(args...), and it would be nice to highlight the class name and press < in order to surround it (I keep making this mistake, actually, since it seems very natural).

I also find this useful with #include "header" - because I sometimes need to convert between quoted header and < > header.

Mordachai
Tomato Guru

USA
224 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  12:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, this could just be extended to an open-ended interface, where we list start/end tokens, and anytime there is a highlight, and we press the start token, the surrounding takes place. This would then be very customizable - in case some folks hate certain ones but like others - but maybe too hard considering # (or it is an exception of some sort)...
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18952 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  12:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you highlight and cut the class name you want to surround, you can create a simple VA snippet with a one or two character shortcut that enters the text:

make_shared<$clipboard$>

not quite the same as what you are asking for, but more flexible, since you are not limited to just the surrounding angle brackets.

For changing the #include lines, a couple of IDE macro's have been worked out and posted here for this, one for VC6 and one for newer IDE's

http://support.wholetomato.com?W438

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Mordachai
Tomato Guru

USA
224 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  10:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. You guys are great. Not sure if I'll use the macro, but good to know it's there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000